By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword 10GB of sound fx audio work.

http://www.developmag.com/tutorials/28/Heard-About-Heavenly-Sword

"10GB of sound FX, approximately three and a half hours of music, 4,500 lines of dialogue"

So, got sound ? 

Around the Network

Incredible :s.

WOW think About FFXIII X_X if that game haves 10 GB of sound,music....

DAM?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! 10gb sound only?!!?!?!?! then it might be even bigger than lair....maybe 30gigs?

mM

Uh-oh, next they will have to use more than one bluray for all of this sound.

So wild guess is that HS will be on a 50gb BR disk.

Around the Network

@rockstarjerry

No I dont think they will, a blu-ray disc one layered is 25gigs dual is 50gigs, and so on, it can have up to 200gigs of data on just one disc.

mM
rockstarjerry981 said:
Uh-oh, next they will have to use more than one bluray for all of this sound.

Kojima is already complaining that Blu Ray is not big enough, specifically because of Audio and different languages and stuff.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I bet they could compress than into mp3 format or any other compressed format and save 9.9 gb's of space with miniscule losses in quality. Decisions like that hardly justifies blu ray being the next generation of media and capacity.

darconi said:
I bet they could compress than into mp3 format or any other compressed format and save 9.9 gb's of space with miniscule losses in quality. Decisions like that hardly justifies blu ray being the next generation of media and capacity.

What if it is compressed? O_o

Off topic: They wont need to compress it, if you copress something the quality decreases, why would you compress something when you have 50gigs of space to use?

mM
leo-j said:
darconi said:

What if it is compressed? O_o

Off topic: They wont need to compress it, if you copress something the quality decreases, why would you compress something when you have 50gigs of space to use?

There's a very low chance of it be compressed based on the size and amount of dialogue.  It would have to be a really bad compression method if 3.5 hrs of music and some dialogue takes 10 gb.  Many LOSSLESS compression techniques can take 3.5 hrs of music and compress it easily into 100-400 mb's. 

Keep in mind that compression does not necessarily lower the quality if the technique is good.  As for why wouldn't you compress something, that's true to a degree but I just feel that its inefficient and wasteful.