By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

or so it seems..

http://gonintendo.com/?p=68573#comments

Earlier today, we posted up a patent that was created by Shigeru Miyamoto. Since then, there has been more snooping through that patent, and some very interesting elements have been picked up on.

This is all speculation based on the patent, but the above images point to a Zelda game. We also see that we might be able to skip ahead in parts of the game, if things get too difficult. Seems just like what Atari did with Alone in the Dark. Finally, we also see that hints may be made available.

hello how are you.

Around the Network

kewl..beginning speculation on the next Zelda. Those look pretty nice, hopefully something arises at this years E3.

KylieDog said:
Hints? Are they dumbing Zelda down even more?

*Runs for the hills*

Waaaait

A Zelda game where you can replay chapters whenever you want?

SIGN ME UP, YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS

KylieDog said:
Hints? Are they dumbing Zelda down even more?

How do they expect to outsell Ocarina of Time if they dumb down Zelda?

Around the Network

You know this doesn't look all that much like Zelda. In fact, it's kind of confusing!

For some reason that makes me more excited, rather than less.

I like the minimalist art direction they've got going, kinda reminds me of madworld :P

I'm not going to go and jump the gun until theres more proof that this actually has to do with the next Zelda, but its pretty cool.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Some speculation from GAF:

There seem to be 3 main modes:

Game -- Play through the game normally. Hint system is available but not forced. So hardcore gamers could just play the game regularly and enjoy the challenge while more casual gamers can get hints if they get really stuck

Digest -- The game goes through important scenes (both movie and gameplay) in order. Essentially the game plays itself in this mode if you will. But you have the option of stopping the digest at any time and playing from that exact point. Plus when you choose to take control you are given the appropriate equipment and stats for that part of the game. No saving though, but it seems to be unneeded

Scenes -- essentially playthrough any puzzle or scene again. Like digest you are given the appropriate equipment and such.

What Nintendo is planning on doing is pretty insane and far more ambitious than some of you realize yet. This just might be the "gateway game" that gamers, casuals and non-gamers could all enjoy.

alfredofroylan said:
Some speculation from GAF:
There seem to be 3 main modes:

Game -- Play through the game normally. Hint system is available but not forced. So hardcore gamers could just play the game regularly and enjoy the challenge while more casual gamers can get hints if they get really stuck

Digest -- The game goes through important scenes (both movie and gameplay) in order. Essentially the game plays itself in this mode if you will. But you have the option of stopping the digest at any time and playing from that exact point. Plus when you choose to take control you are given the appropriate equipment and stats for that part of the game. No saving though, but it seems to be unneeded

Scenes -- essentially playthrough any puzzle or scene again. Like digest you are given the appropriate equipment and such.

What Nintendo is planning on doing is pretty insane and far more ambitious than some of you realize yet. This just might be the "gateway game" that gamers, casuals and non-gamers could all enjoy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH