By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's Talk About Zelda Games in the Zelda Mega Thread

So, we need us a place to talk about Zelda games. There are entirely too many instances in which discussions about these games are killed off because they got lost in dreck. So this topic is for talking about Zelda, and only Zelda, but it is for everything about Zelda.

So let's talk about the Zelda games. All of them. What you like, what you hate, whether you play them or not, what your favorite game is, just whatever. Wanna argue timelines? Do that. Want to discuss sales trends for the series? Do that. Want to speculate about Zelda Wii? Do that. Want to talk about the CD-i games? It's in bad taste, but you can do that too.

The Legend of Zelda, as a series, is awesome. So let's talk about it.

I am making this thread because I beat Phantom Hourglass this morning. That game was great! It may be my favorite game on the DS. I'm thinking about hunting down Link's Awakening and the Oracle games now, though I know they won't play the same.

Around the Network

I agree, i beat PH just a few weeks ago.. Loved the end boss battle.. The whole game felt so fresh yet so familiar.. Best game on DS for me by far.

and now some useless crap for people to pick apart and say how much it sucks :P

OK hmm.. Zelda: Swordsmans Scroll will be released Q2 of 2010

The reason I like that name is because of the emphasis on Wii Motion Plus in game, not just for the swordfighting (which i'll get to shortly) but also for every other item. You'll have the boomerang, bow and arrow, bombs etc.. The usual.. But also and I think more importantly, they'll be all new weapons and items tailored to the capabilities of the Wii Remote. Items that use the force feedback, speaker, pointer, the Wii MotionPlus add on and of course the nunchuk.

Now with the swordfighting, I think that each ememy will have a specific pattern and the blocking and attacking that you pick up will be one of these 'puzzles' you have to get through. Each certain group of enemies will have weaknesses and strengths and also get harder in their patterns and faster as you progress through the game so that it will be a real threat to die in the next Zelda.

The puzzles and exploration is what makes Zelda though and I believe the Wii controls can really open up Zelda in a way that Phantom Hourglass hinted at. A huge array of items isn't needed, more than PH but less than TP. It's the execution of how these items have to be used, where, when, how and in what combination with other items.

As with adventuring, well how about designing a smarter lock on system? Perhaps automatic? Firstly that means that there will be less enemies in the one spot but most likely the enemies you do encounter will be much harder to evade (hence you have no choice but to kill them) and also much more of a challenge. This will make the controls much more accessable to the expanded audience. With adventuring, having rocks to blow up and enemies to kill to progress is getting boring so try something else?

Everything I just said please disregard if it's crap.. I should be in bed right now :(

Anytime Link pulls out the Master Sword, I feel tingly inside!

............that sounded dirtier than I intended.

@puffy: That's pretty interesting insofar as ideas go. Do you think that the Nintendo patent that came out not long ago would be incorporated?

@d21lewis: Do you feel tingly or tingle-y? The first one is true of most everyone (or everyone who has a soul). The second one makes you a filthy, filthy pervert, and probably an enforcer of the human slave trade.

Well, I'm playing Windwaker right now and it's great. I really like the art style!

And Phantom Hourglass was a great DS game, although didn't you guys think it was way to easy?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Uhhhh......the first one, Khuutra. Definitely the......first one.

My favorite Zelda is A Link to the Past, but I'm a huge fan of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too.

I think that if the next Zelda is marketed well, it could possibly sell the best out of all Zelda-games, passing even Ocarina of Time. That's about all I've got to say right now , but I might be back for more later.

Oh, and I think the next Zelda game will be released during 2009. Also, great thread, Khuutra :)

I didn't really think Phantom Hourglass was too easy - granted, the combat wasn't especially tough and most enemies were (by necessity) fairly simple, but there were two spots where I lost all of my hearts. I had a refilling potion, but man, that still counts! That stuff was crazy.

I was really amazed how you could play the whole game without ever touching a button. That blows my mind. It makes me wonder what they could do with the Wii's controller.

Khuutra said:
I didn't really think Phantom Hourglass was too easy - granted, the combat wasn't especially tough and most enemies were (by necessity) fairly simple, but there were two spots where I lost all of my hearts. I had a refilling potion, but man, that still counts! That stuff was crazy.

I was really amazed how you could play the whole game without ever touching a button. That blows my mind. It makes me wonder what they could do with the Wii's controller.

I was only stuck once in the entire game, and it was when you had to close the DS to copy this sign thing onto your map.  I really didn't think of closing the DS lol.

I just found it really easy compared to other Zelda games, I guess that way it's more accessible...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Link's Awakening is the very greatest 2D Zelda ever conceived!

Also, what's with all the Tingle-hate people? He's nice. :) Suppose your burly manliness can't handle his charm. ;)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046