By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1up: Mystery URL At Japanese Microsoft Site Suggests 360 Final Fantasy IV

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172495

"Go ahead, click on this link:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/f/finalfantasy4/

Notice that Microsoft Japan's server appends a "details.page/" to the URL. Now try a different one; replace "finalfantasy4/" with "finalfantasy5/", gibberish, or anything else. No "details" are appended.

What does this mean? A "finalfantasy4" is registered on Microsoft Japan's Xbox 360 web page for some reason -- and we'd be willing to guess it might represent a forthcoming Xbox Live Arcade port of Square Enix's recent cell phone RPG Final Fantasy IV: The After. Just last week, Microsoft stated the following in its press release concerning Square Enix's first two XBLA releases, Yosumin and Crystal Defenders: "Beginning with these two games, Square Enix plans to release a steady stream of its popular titles -- as well as original content -- on Xbox LIVE Arcade". Both Yosumin and Crystal Defenders are ports from mobile platforms, so it's not such a stretch to imagine The After might be next.

Final Fantasy IV: The After is a direct sequel to FFIV, written and directed by original creator Takashi Tokita. A serial RPG in twelve chapters for the Japanese cell phone services (iMode, Yahoo!, and EZWeb), The After stars Cecil and Rosa's son, Ceodore, and takes place a decade after the events of the original game."

Around the Network

great, i wana play that. i hope they put it on all systems.

Microsoft seems to be shafting their first party game stidios in favor of hiring Square Enix to and other popular studios in making exclusive games. Seems worth it. (Star ocean 4 Infinite undiscovery, TOV,etc)

ya, it doesnt make sense not making them multiplatform...

what are you talking about. It says in Japanese "the page can't be found."

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

If it comes to PSN, I will get it.

4 ≈ One

You should say the sequel, to it. Already have ds version, so it doesn't matter to me.

Interesting hopefully PSN gets some love to

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

More JRPGs coming to 360. Big surprise.

j/k, its actually pretty nice to hear :D Im gonna buy it, of course.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

please keep the cell phone games to the cell phone.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur