By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The PS3's own RROD, the Yello Light Of Death and yes it happend to me on thurday night while i was on the events space on home, it suddenly turned off, flashing red light, pressed the button stopped flashing, pressed it agian to turn it on and it did but instantly turned of with a yellow light and then flashing red.

I have heard that on the internet there there are people who have had thiers changed for free by sony even of the waranty has expired.

If you know anything please help.

If sony don't change it then i will use the continuous play service and get it changed before they bring out a new model.

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Yea I had something go wronge with my PS3 I think it was the optical drive, but yea my warrenty had expired and i sent the check, they then sent the check back fixed the PS3 for free :) I think its a problem with some fo the 40gig models.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

lol funny
THIS IS SERIOUS

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

kowenicki said:
ylod doesnt really work for me.

how about doly (dolly)?

I agree.  I think it should be in caps.

Edit: Sorry about the issue with your PS3.  From what I hear, Sony's customer service is very good and should resolve your issue quickly.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Yeah I got the same problem a while ago. Mine was out of warranty so I had to pay $150 to get it fixed. i don't think it is fixable though because they sent me a brand new ps3 60gb.

The problem isn't nearly as widespread as the 360's RROD so I don't think sony has made it an official concern yet. Also, it seems to mainly affect launch model consoles. If yours is out of warranty, you'd probably have to pay.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

i have optical drive problem i read blu rays but not cds or dvds.
it was fixed by sony out fo the retailers warranty.

thanks, for your help, i will contact sony and see what they can do.

PS3 Trophies

FYI!

Flashing Yellow Indicator!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

BYSoD. Really hope they sort it for you quickly and for free. On a selfish note i hope i never experience it

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

kowenicki said:
dbot said:
kowenicki said:
ylod doesnt really work for me.

how about doly (dolly)?

I agree.  I think it should be in caps.

Edit: Sorry about the issue with your PS3.  From what I hear, Sony's customer service is very good and should resolve your issue quickly.

so DOLLY?  death of light looking yellow?

surely we can think of a better one...  maybe YODA can be used somehow? hmm.....? 

PS3 owners are very lucky , as teh anzwer is definitely YES:

How about Yellow Ominous Death Apparition?  

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!