By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 on track to shatter Gears 2 day one sales?

A staggering 1.1 million is already pre-ordered in the European region and it’s still early in the month, the demo just debuted and the major marketing still hasn’t begun. America is rumored to be neck and neck with European numbers according to Amazon, Gamestop, and Walmart pre-order numbers, and surprisingly the Japanese seem to be interested in this FPS as well, which isn’t very common in Japan. Japan usually fly with RPGs but this can prove yet to be an amazing seller even in their region. Killzone 2 is on it’s way to being a world wide phenomenal hit for sony’s black box and can possibly compete against Halo 3 as far as numbers. Aside from pre-orders, there are those who buy at stores like Target day 1 which are usually overstocked with everything (ME)!

What this means is that more people are going to pick up the PS3, and when the PS3 drops to $299 later this year, then the holiday season for 2009 already looks a lot brighter with more titles that will be coming such as Heavy Rain, inFamous, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5, MAG(Yes this game is still coming out) and more titles that haven’t been announced yet. Sony is now in position to become number 1 once again with a slew of quality games, solid online experience, Blu-Ray HD movies, and a potential price cut later on this year, the ps3 in 2009 has significantly justified it’s price, and it’s reasons to be in the best preference of consumers.

Can the Xbox 360 Last Longer Than PS3 This Generation? Shane Kim said that they will consider Xbox a winner if they last longer than PS3 because the 360 is cheaper, easier to develop for, and has a larger install base, all signs would point to yes. The PS3 will always remain the most expensive console on the market which is fact. Game quality counts too, such seen in KZ2, R2, LBP but, 360 has great quality games as well. Until PS3 sales surpass 360 month in and month out by a large margin consistently, then the 360 is on it’s way to being the new champion.

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=3181

Around the Network

*shakes head*

No, no, and NO!

The 1.1 million is NOT the preorder number!

Whoever wrote that isn't very bright.

Guys just STOP giving this hiphopgamer any more attention!  

Around the Network

Na I doubt it .

So damn stupid.

this really annoys me.
Now when KZ2 doesn't outsell GoW2, certain Xbox fans will scream all over the forums that KZ2 is a failure.
Well done, HHG, really stupid move.

And how the hell do they get Wallmart pre-order numbers?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

very annoying face...

I propose a permanent ban for any user posting content from Hip Hop Gamer

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience