By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have 360 fanboys become worse on this site?

Perhaps it is just me but I've noticed a trend of 360 fanboys becoming more vocal and annoying on this site and it's getting disgusting. It will come as no surprise to anyone that I'm a fan of my PS3 and that I enjoy it more then my other consoles but at the same time, I love my 360, wii, PSP and DS. I love gaming. As such, I notice not only when people attack the PS3 but all consoles, but I will admit to noticing moreso when the ps3 and it's titles are attacked but I really think that its no longer the case. Going into threads about Halo Wars, while not free of trolling and fanboy comments, is nowhere near as bad as going into threads of Killzone 2.

I've noticed attacks on the PS3, and it's games getting very outrageous lately. IT really seems to me that 360 fans grasp at straws in feable attempts to put down the system and it's exclusives. For instance, things like a split second delay in response time on the demo of K2 has been blown out of proportion and sold by 360 fans as not only a reason to downplay the game but to claim that it is broken. Not only this but even the framerate of the game has been attacked as being horrendous. What's funny is that Gears of War 2 went below 24 FPS and could suffer screen tearing but I never saw PS3 fans attacking the game or making this big of a deal out of it. It's like 360 fans are fighting to make every inch they can stretch to a mile.

You will always have rabid fanboys attacking both systems and I'm not claiming that the PS3 is the only console being attacked, not by a long shot. That would be ignorant of me. But I find it funny that PS3 fans on this site have been labled as the loudest, most obnoxious fanboys when the 360 fans have been acting just as bad lately. This was the reason why DmeisterJ left the site supposedly, and while I don't think that was the appropriate response, I can certainly see where he is coming from.

Personally, while PS3 fans hype games loudly it seems like the 360 fans would much rather attack then actually love gaming. Which is worse? Hyping games that you love? Or attacking other peoples games? Which one is truely immature?

What do you think?

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

There's a split-second delay in the Killzone 2 demo?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I will tell you the same thing that I tell 360 fans when they all decide to have their monthly "omg we are the best consul fanboys, PS3 fanboys suck" thread. All fanboys are equally annoying, there is nothing about any given consul that makes its fanboys more annoying.

Killzone 2 has been made out to be the end all and be all of FPS titles, and supposed to be, as some have said, a turning point for the PS3 being back on the road to domination. So, there have been a LOT of threads on it, from all angles.

starcraft said:

That entier wall of text and this is the only thing that catches your eye. Who'dathought?

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

On a serious note, Xbox 360 fans have always been, and remain, the most timid, attacked, and small demographic on this website.

The single biggest issue that pervades PS3 supporters on this site is their constant and unswerving belief year after year that they have an unbeatable game line-up, that is then inevitably beaten. I tend to feel this comes as a result of Sony's mishandling of game hype.

But it is important to distinguish between old Sony fans like myself, and PS3 fans. It is the latter group who have, rightly or rightly, earned the stereotype of being the loudest and most obnoxious fanboys.

Attacks on the ps3 are not news. If you've been hanging out on vgc for a while, you'd know this. I'd say it's not as bad as just a few weeks ago. You gotta have some thick skin.

I do agree with you on the whole hype thing though. IMO, it'll be more sensible for 360 fans to go hype their Alan Wake's and Mass Effects than looking for flaws in killzone 2 (a game they'd probably never even play)

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Solid_Raiden said:
starcraft said:

That entier wall of text and this is the only thing that catches your eye. Who'dathought?

Well that's just it.

You act as though these things are being made into a big deal, and yet I (one of the largest decriers of Killzone 2 overhyping) have never heard of it.

richardhutnik said:
Killzone 2 has been made out to be the end all and be all of FPS titles, and supposed to be, as some have said, a turning point for the PS3 being back on the road to domination. So, there have been a LOT of threads on it, from all angles.

And who except you has made this claim?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

starcraft said:
On a serious note, Xbox 360 fans have always been, and remain, the most timid, attacked, and small demographic on this website.

The single biggest issue that pervades PS3 supporters on this site is their constant and unswerving belief year after year that they have an unbeatable game line-up, that is then inevitably beaten. I tend to feel this comes as a result of Sony's mishandling of game hype.

But it is important to distinguish between old Sony fans like myself, and PS3 fans. It is the latter group who have, rightly or rightly, earned the stereotype of being the loudest and most obnoxious fanboys.

oh see, you're doing that thing where you call all fans for a given consul fanboys.  Hate when people do that.