By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - id's software's John Cormack might do a Wii game (and other news)

It seems the Doom and Rage developer has had a change of heart on Wii (didn't he bash it originally?).   Turns out they are prototyping a game for Wii.  Plus info on other id's software games (Doom 4, Rage, Wolfenstein)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/24/john-carmack-talks-possible-wii-development-iphone-doom-4-more/

Around the Network

I remember an interview in which he mentioned saying that the Wii market was hard to penetrate because Nintendo made the best games on the console. Also I remember him saying that he was playing Super Paper Mario with his daughter.

In short, I don't think he hates the Wii, he just sees it as something that contracts with franchises he's known for making like Doom.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Sounds like he has a young child which brought him around. It sounds like he's inerested but he doesn't actually have any active projects in the works.

Man these established developers move slow. By the time these guys are ready to come aboard, their target genres are all going to be hit by younger, hungrier companies ready to turn the modest success of their first venture into a new established franchise.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

um. he has a son, not a daughter.

But yes you are correct, his apparent 'wii hate' is more seeing the wii market for what it is.

so maybe we will get a good fps on the wii

gwahahahahahahahaha jk

there game will be awesome

Around the Network

Rage seems pretty far away. Too bad, I really wanna see id's new game engine, especially how it looks on consoles.

anyways i think u r thinking about todd howard he hates the wii

^Todd Howard is the true king and master of game creation.

I get the feeling that this prototype is not an FPS.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

fingers crossed it isn' an on rails game if they do make one. yes they are fun but id software are not that type of developer.

I think they have seen the potential of the conduit, and will probabaly monitor it's sales etc to see if their testing is worth goign further into development.