By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd Parties don't need are help

Everyone assumes that we need to support 3rd party publishers/developers for them to make "Hardcore" games on the Wii. I think that's backwards.

If their game is desirable by enough people it'll sell good. If not, is it average customers fault? Is it the "hardcore's" fault? Is it my fault? NO! It's their fault.

We don't need to raise money like it's some kind of charity. They're companies; some of are multinational. They're not bums they can earn their cash like everyone else.

The Conduit & MadWorld if they're appeling enough to people they will buy it. If they don't make "Hardcore" games anymore because those 2 failed then so be it. They're obviously not making very appeling ones then.

As long as they make games that people want more than others. They will sell.

Be honest most of the "good" games that didn't sell well were about as appeling as a indie film about mimes locked in a cabine who over the course of the move come to term with their situation. And we're better off without them.

Uninteresting games never sale no matter how much journalist and forum posters rave about them. A game may sale that's uninteresting to you personnally but if no one is interested in it it will not sale. The reverse is true where if a game is truely interesting it will always sell (assuming money exists and people have enough of it.)

So don't be suckers.

Around the Network

Marketing also helps. People can want a game, but only after they know about it. Capcom stated that poor marketing hurt Okami on the PS2, but they did the same with the Wii version.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The key to Wii development is making a game that is self-explanatory. This doesn't mean that the game has to be really stupid or anything, but your users have to have a good idea of what they're getting, and you have to target your target market well. You can't churn out a product with an identity crisis, like Zack and Wiki, with its attempt to appeal to children and to the point-and-click puzzle audience, alienating some of the former with its difficulty, and some of the latter with its "kiddie" visuals

The key is being laser-focused on your target audience, and having a name that is recognizable and explains what you're getting. That's what floated Game Party (otherwise totally unworthy shovelware), up to Platinum, that it was self-explanatory and cheap, easy to pick up for its target audience of the uber-casual gamer. Carnival Games did the same. Big names and focused advertising floated up stuff like RE:UC, RE4, and the House of the Dead titles.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I just bought Zack and Wiki for $10, great game!!!! Buy it if you don't have it!!!!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This must earn Thread of the Year award. To those companies that want to release some lackluster games as "tests" (to see if the Wii userbase is ready) all I can do is show my middle finger.

That is like being fooled by a politician. You are trading something you have (vote, money for a new game) for a promise (heaven on earth, better "hardcore" games).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."