By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where is all the media hype for Nintendo's Lineup?

I was gonna rant about how other HD games that are still 1 or maybe even 1 1/2 years off are still getting hyped by the media and being talked about constantly while games like Madworld didnt get much media hype until the last month or so.

I listen to podcasts and they are finally saying the Wiis lineup is looking good but thats probably as much as they'll go into it.

Theres never any mention of Sin &Punishment 2, Dynamic Slash, The Conduit or even a huge game like Punch Out!! I mean these games are coming and most of the media acts like they dont exist. Games on PS360 get talked about for years but Wii games get a bit of spotlight near release and thats it.

Wheres the effort to get exclusive content or previews for games like Cursed Mountain,Cosmic Walker, Sin & Punishment 2,Fragile, Dynamic Slash or Muramasa? Hardly any site bothers mentoning any of these games when they mention Wii. I honestly dont think theres anything the Wii can get at this point that can get those fucking elitists to talk about the Wiis line up seriously.

(Im not gonna list all of the JRPG's. Im trying to be varied and JRPGs arent as great and popular as you all think they are)

Monster Hunter 3 for example would be fucking huge and talked about like crazy if it was still PS3. If they released a trailer for it or screens the sites would go crazy but for whatever reason now when screens or info is released hardly anyone bothers talking about it or going into more details. It just happens.

Call this a rant or shitty fanboy post I dont care but I still fail to understand why the media doesnt go out of it way like they do for PS360 games and talk more about any of Wiis lineup.

Then again the gaming press isnt as informative as you may think. Sites like IGN specifically say that most games on DS arecrap and PSP/DS have the same amount of quality titles and that Nintendo gamers only want sequels to popular Nintendo franchise "They're the worst" when it comes to only buying sequels for well known games. The latter statement being one of the stupidest comments Ive ever heard.

Around the Network

Cause they are jealous

I heard they are going to use Wiimotion plus for Cursed Mountain.

Chill, dude. It's possible that most of the major gaming sites won't ever take the Wii seriously. No loss: just go to the ones that do, and let the rest go on their merry way.

And in all honesty, Nintendo itself likely has a role to play in this as well. They don't seem to advertise as much on those sites as other, comparably-sized publishers, and more importantly they're not as open to journalists as other publishers.

They keep the cards close to their vests, granting fewer interviews/previews/media access for almost all their games. Is it any surprise that sites will focus on all the new stuff that other publishers are giving them? Shoot, the only time in recent memory that Nintendo was going to all the gaming sites with a steady stream of new info was with Brawl, and they got plenty of coverage there.

And before you ask why third-party games don't get similar treatment, you have to realize that AAA third-party games are rare on the system. Additionally The Conduit IS getting plenty of coverage. Granted, most of it is on IGN, but then again they seem to be giving IGN most of the exclusive info., so that's not too surprising.

And off-topic, but that sig is so...hypnotic...

This just in - mainstream media ignores Wii...

It's been like that since E3 2006, and will likely be that way for another 2 years

nintendo has never believed in putting a lot of money in marketing. specifically marketing traditional gamer games, because they believe people who play those types of games already know all about games coming out (totally false).

Around the Network

Agreed Random person - that's why the list of best selling games ever includes so few Nintendo titles

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

scottie said:
This just in - mainstream media ignores Wii...

It's been like that since E3 2006, and will likely be that way for another 2 years

Actually, it's the other way around:

Mainstream media runs Wii coverage once and again, ignores HD consoles (save for the mandatory "this is so violent! Our movies aren't this violent!" segments).

Gaming "journalists," however, are a different story, and fit the mold you've outlined.

Nintendo has a lineup this year?

Okay I apologize, that was uncalled for. The Conduit looks amazing, and I'm sure Wii sports resort will be really fun even if its not AAA.

The problem is not many people have heard of all the games you've named. The general public just wants a new mario/zelda and then there will be massive hype.

HD console have big name sequels like God of War, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo and Resident Evil on the horizon. At the moment, Wii just has nothing comparable
You seriously think Fragile and The Conduit deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those games?

When Nintendo announces a new Zelda or Super Mario Galaxy 2, there will be massive media coverage and internet hype, don't you worry.

Also, I find it funny that you mention MadWorld when the developer has a PS360 game set to be released this year that has gotten nowhere near as much attention.

its been like this since 2006, just something to get used too.