By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So im going to Wii..........

Hey everyone, ive just decided that i simply must have a Nintendo Wii.  I currently just own a 360 but my last console was the N64 and the sheer awesomeness of upcoming and existing games like Zelda, SMG and Brawl simply bring back to many memories not to own the newer versions.

I live in Australia where the Wii has a RRP of $400AU, which even with the exchange reate is grossly overpriced.  I can get it for $388 but thats not that big a difference. My question is do people think the Wii will see a price cut after christmas, and if so when?

I MUST own it, but i am prepared to wait.  Im already uncomfortable with the amount i spend on gaming so i'd really like a price cut, because right now i'd have to get the console, a second controller for my bro, and at least two games which would start approaching $650AU, not including future games.

So, do ppl think Australia will see a price cut or some sort of Platinum games deal anytime in the next 6-8 months?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Price cuts in AU areas is not out of the question since you are already paying a bit more and iirc its already come down a bit once (not 100% sure on that though). But I still think its a bit of a long shot for a price cut in the short term.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I don't see a price cut until at least summer 08, and that is IF they finally are meeting global demand by quite a bit. I mean, unless Australia's sales go completely down the tubes they'll just shift any extra to other areas since they can still sell them the current "full prices". I'm sure you'll see discounted games, as I'm already seeing originally US$50 going for $30. I can see Zelda TP hitting 30 after this Christmas.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Nintendo likes their money too much, atleast another year before they even think about dropping the price.

we in Australia are getting seriously ripped off with console and software prices

i.e

$250US = $312.50
$310US = $388.00

$50US = $62.50 (we pay $100)
$80US = $100

in bold is what we pay for consoles and most software

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

No hint of a price cut mate... they are still selling fast in Australia

They won't price drop it for a while yet... only once the Wii hype train grinds to a standstill and that won't happen for a while with all the big games this xmas and especially with Wiifit coming Q1 08... I can see huge shortages for months when itz released...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

yeah just get it now, otherwise you will be flooded with software when you do get it. if you get it now, you can play zelda (and maybe srtikers, re4) before all the other big games

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

As an Australian Wii owner.. i highly recommend you do everything in your power to purchase a NTSC Wii -- if you are not too fussed about waiting for games, then just get one here now, play wii sports, zelda, strikers, and the 3rd party titles of your choice until super paper mario (sept), metroid (nov), galaxy (nov) and brawl (2008) come out -- given you have a 360, the waits won't be as hard on you

I don't see a price cut coming any time soon, however there are great deals at stores like target and jb-hifi which pretty much give away a game with a Wii all for $388.. the last two i saw was the deal i just mentioned for strikers, and more recently for resident evil 4

How much are JB bundling games for with the console? The latest catalogue I have here lists the Wii+WiiSports for $388, that's all.

I'm not sure about a price cut. However, if you're going to pick one up, I wouldn't advise buying it at the $388 (possibly JB Hifi?) price by itself. Wait until Kmart are bundling the Wii with a game that mildly interests you and go for their "$398 Wii + this week's random game" package. Recently, they've had Rayman Raving Rabbids, Driver Parallel Lines and Ice Age 2. Some of the packaged titles aren't exactly stellar, I know. Remember though, you're essentially paying $10 for the bundled title, or less for your Wii (whichever way you look at it).