By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Legend of Dragoon

Years ago, when I was around 10, I played a demo of the Legend of Dragoon at at GameStop and thought it was cool as hell, but I didn't have a ps1, and didn't even know the name of the game, so I never bought it.  However, I loved the style and the battle system (dragons and dragon-ish armor ftw), and was quite pleased to find out what the game was a few years later.  But I still never picked it up.

Well, with all the recent rumors of Sony bringing back the franchise, I decided to start scrounging around for a copy.  It was partly the rumors, a bit of nostalgia, and the fact that my ps1 collection as asbolutely pitiful that lead me on over to Ebay.

And on Ebay, I was delighted to find that you can get the Greatest Hits version of the game brand new for under $20, and you can gnab the original black label version in almost new condition for a similar price if you're lucky.  I decided to talk to outlawauron about this, it turns out he had recently been introduced to the game through a friend, and we both decided to order copies of the game with the intent to play through it together.

And then I decided it would be cool to include the whole site in this endeavor.  ^_^

The game is going for rather cheap, and for those of you interested in the title (or who perhaps already have it), would y'all be interested in playing/replaying it as a group? I'd make a new thread about this when we all start to get our games, and things would be properly spoiler tagged, of course.  It'd be pretty fun

And for the Legend of Zelda fans out there, khuutra and I have something like this planned for the console Zeldas later in the year.  Keep an eye out. 

So who wants to play this game? :D

Interested people:

Me!
Outlawauron
Xxain
Xen
SnakeEyez
gergroy
Zones
DeotoxSlayer
ShadowSoldier
Wookaroo
pic414
ROBOTECHHEAVEN
NanakiXI
darthdevidem01
Pristine20
Linkzmax
Lastgengamer
chaospluto
weaveworld
SlumsofOhio
naum
Jordahn

Around the Network

I own this game of my favorites, haven't played in awhile might be a give it a go now!!!

I'll keep tabs of who's interested in the OP.

I finished beating this game about a year ago. Took me 65 hours.

I encountered this game the same way you did, through a demo CD from I think a gaming magazine like 10 years ago. I have two copies of the game (turns out my PS2 just couldn't play certain parts, from both of my purchases)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I finished beating this game about a year ago. Took me 65 hours.

I encountered this game the same way you did, through a demo CD from I think a gaming magazine like 10 years ago. I have two copies of the game (turns out my PS2 just couldn't play certain parts, from both of my purchases)

What were your thoughts on the game?  Any interest in playing it again?

Around the Network

I'm in!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

so how is this gonna exactly?

outlawauron said:
I'm in!

Never would've expected that!

I still have my copy sealed... which I probably got from the same source on ebay, hah... I might be interested.

Btw, Savior, what's the model of your PS2 that couldn't play certain parts? I hope my slimmy is not included in these...

Xxain said:
so how is this gonna exactly?

Basically, I'll make a new thread around the end of the week (once people have had time to get their games if they order them like outlaw and I), and in the thread we'll discuss our progress in the game, give people tips on how to get past certain areas, talk about what we like/dislike about the game, etc.