By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Box Art: Real Deal or Best Fake Yet?

http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=NintendoWii&cat=&product=28429&q

As can be seen on the right-hand side of the website, they have official box art for games, and "No Image Available" for games without Official Box Art-Fire Emblem. They did not have a picture for Brawl until they put this one up a few days ago. 

There is no denying that this picture goes beyond photoshopping, as the characters are in poses that cannot be found on any screenshots. It is a REAL art design. The characters look to be drawn from scratch.

It may not be the final design, but it looks real enough to me. Maybe we will see the unveiling of the Box Art at the rumored Nintendo Press Conference this Wednesday.

If it isn't real, then kudos to the designer. 

Feel free to discuss the lack of WiFi Logo on the box. 

Around the Network

Its probably like that picture of mario floating in space with his ass sticking out: real box art, but not the final one.

andrewpeirce said:
Its probably like that picture of mario floating in space with his ass sticking out: real box art, but not the final one.

Right. It may not be the final one.

Even if it's the real deal, Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to let slip something as big as a WiFi sticker this soon, if they plan on keeping that as a surprise. They can always add the sticker down the line, around the time they'll change RP to whatever rating this gets.

About the design, this one definetely looks real, as in not a montage of publicly available screenshots. The lighting is perfect. It may not be the final design, however, as we know from Mario Galaxy.

With that in mind, what's the character above Link and to the left of Wario, anyway? It's the only one I can't make...

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
Even if it's the real deal, Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to let slip something as big as a WiFi sticker this soon, if they plan on keeping that as a surprise. They can always add the sticker down the line, around the time they'll change RP to whatever rating this gets.

About the design, this one definetely looks real, as in not a montage of publicly available screenshots. It may not be the final design, however, as we know from Mario Galaxy.

With that in mind, what's the character above Link and to the left of Wario, anyway? It's the only one I can't make...

Pokemon Trainer.

Around the Network

@ KruzeS

I think it is the pokemon trainer

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Soriku said:
They'll probably announce Wi-Fi in 2 days at their thing.

Here is how it will go down:

They will talk about Brawl.

They will show off the Box Art.

They will say: "Hmm... there is something missing, isn't there?

*Reaches into pocket*

BAM! Sticks a wifi logo onto the box.

They say "That's right folks. Brawl is online"

Word Explodes. 

You're both right, that fits. He even has a poké ball in his hand. Thanks!

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Not only is this almost certainly a fake, it'll probably end up being better than the real one.

Not that it matters much. I mean how often do you all look at Melee's cover art?

^Have you checked the smashdojo? They have a character profile for him.

If you don't want spoilers, however, I wouldn't recommend going there.

I could link the character profile for you, if you are interested.