By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Wii doesn't sell quality games" - Any examples to back this up?

My dear ninty the day i consider getting a Wii is the day i stop gaming

edit*opps forgot to give you a list of games..............ALL WII GAMES EXCLUDING SSB

Around the Network

If it has no major games, how can it sell them?

Seriously... This isn't worth a thread 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Well, there could never be any examples to back it up, because it can't be proved.

Quality is relative after all

If the wii "doesn't sell quality games", then explain why it outsold both consoles (PS3, 360) by a vast majority.

hatmoza 2.0 said:

My dear ninty the day i consider getting a Wii is the day i stop gaming

edit*opps forgot to give you a list of games..............ALL WII GAMES EXCLUDING SSB

i like that !!! shoot got to update my sig !!

Around the Network

Well Soriku, first off, whaat game do you consider to have high quality? Madworld? the conduit? Little Kings Story? GTA? What kind of game?

IMO The best games that have come out for the Wii have mostly preformed well while some have not (Zack&Wiki No More Heroes for exmaple). Fact of the matter is that the Wii has not recieved a pure AAA title for a long time and has had a very low amount of AA and A tier titles coming out lately so in a sense you are right about a lack of quality titles thus them not selling.

Truth be told the only games that will be quality AAA titles for the Wii will have to come out from nintendo themselves, since no other company seems to be bothered to do so. Or at least hasn't been until now.

tell you what, if the Conduit, Final fantasy crystal Bearers, Monster hunter and the next big shooter for the Wii (red steel 2 or maybe Call of duty 6) fail to sell 1,5 million each......well that will actually prove that the Wii might be incapable of selling anything except for Nintendos own franchises.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Madworld didnt sell good,but its a good game i heard.

I sold my Wii after I went through SMG.

I looked at the list of upcoming releases, and didn't see anything at all that would make me justify keeping the Wii. It used to sit on top of my TV for more than a month at a time not getting used, literally collecting dust.

I sold it and all the games i had for about 400 bucks, and bought a brand new Sanyo HDTV for gaming. The wii is actually seeing some use now, and I have a nifty new TV that rarely gets turned off, win/win.

Anyhow, that being said, there are a few games that I really enjoyed playing on the Wii, such as Wario Ware, SMG, Strikers, SPM, RE4, and to a lesser extent Mario Party 8.

I hated MKWii, it just felt too god damn kiddy to me. Metroid Wii didn't hold my interest for more than an hour either.

Anyhow, most games that looked interesting would only hold my interest for a short time before they got lame and repetitive and gimmicky. And, since I'm not into Pixar movie based video games, or Hannah Montana Trains Horsies I didn't see much of a reason to keep it around.

I think that if you enjoy the games on the system, more power to you, but I just didn't find much lasting appeal to most of the games released on the Wii.

BTW: Everything I said is my opinion, not fact, and is not wrong by default because it contradicts your opinion.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Soriku said:
Garnett said:
Madworld didnt sell good,but its a good game i heard.

The game's on track to sell 500k-1 mil if it has legs (which it should). Other Wii games had worse opening weeks yet sold a lot (look at CoD5 for example). You can't judge a Wii game's sales by the first week.

Wait what? How can we have any idea whether a game is on track to sell a certain amount of copies, when all we have to go by is the opening week from one region?

What? Who says that? I can't think of any quality Wii games that didn't sell over a million. Maybe Okami but that's it.
I don't consider crap like Boom Blox and No More Heroes to be quality games btw. If anything, they sold more than they should have.