By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Netflix! No longer X360 exclusive service?! Coming to PS3! O.o

Could be an April fools joke but is an interesting read either way. This could be very possible and likely to happen. Still I think Sony would have to approve of this either way. We'll have to wait and see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Netflix PS3-bound, too?

Rumors of Netflix content streaming to the PS3 date back to, well, the first rumors of it hitting the Xbox 360. We all know which of those two platforms got some red envelope love last year, and now, soon after hearing the service may be heading to the Wii, we have what seems to be similar confirmation that Netflix is at least still considering bringing their bitstream to the PS3. The screenshot above was captured by a reader, showing a message like that on the earlier Wii survey -- in fact it's exactly the same from what we can see. Given our proximity to that least newsy day of the year on April 1st we can't be sure this is entirely genuine, but it probably is time for Sony to make a little room in its XMB for Netflix.

[Thanks, Jake N.]

[Via Engadget]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network

Wasn't there one of these on the Wii as well ...

Looks like Netflix is thinking about taking advantage of all consoles. Smart move, I would do it with my Wii. Assuming the new SD card solution could make the streaming work well.

They must be more than satisfied with their success on 360. It's not really all that great. Most of the movies on there are old as hell.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

but this is just for US ,,am i right

Around the Network

might be fake, but i dont even care if it's real

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

I'm already satisfied with many other services. GameFly for my games! My local video store for my movies (What I can't get there I download).

Still interesting news as it will be competing with Sony's video service on PSN.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

nNanakiXI said:
I'm already satisfied with many other services. GameFly for my games! My local video store for my movies (What I can't get there I download).

Still interesting news as it will be competing with Sony's video service on PSN.

I think sony just want to go for selling movies,,they might contract them for renting movies

It says we have to pay a one time fee of $9.99. Do we have to pay monthly also?

My dad used to subscribe to Netflix way back in 2004-2005. Don't know much about them anymore except for them being on Xbox

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

thats cool hope it happens

Play Me