By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS3 Motion Sensing Remote COMPLETE (Could be 31st April NEWS)!!

Rumor: PS3 Motion Sensing Remote Completed and Looking for Some Love

I MEAN 31ST MARCH IN THE TITLE!

We've heard the whispers and hints for quite a while now, but we can finally lay the doubt to rest. Our source, which has a superb track record for accuracy, has informed us that Sony is not only developing a PS3 motion sensing remote to combat Nintendo's Wii Remote, but it's already finished. In fact, our source has informed us that Sony is reaching out to key third-party publishers and asking them to implement last minute functionality into their soon-to-be released games and of course compatibility with select future games.

It is unknown as to whether or not Sony's "Remote" will be superior in any way to the Wii Remote. Will it mirror the functionality of the existing Wii Remote or rather the upcoming Wii MotionPlus? Needless to say, this certainly goes against the early criticism Sony had for Nintendo when they first unveiled the Wii Remote. First they released the Sixaxis controller (Dual Shock 3) with limited built-in motion sensing functionality and now a full-blown PS3 Remote. Please note that this will not become the new standard for PlayStation 3 games, but rather an added option for select games.

Because it isn't officially announced by Sony, we're going to label it as a rumor. Regardless, anticipate that Sony will officially unveil their second attempt at a solution to the Wii Remote either before E3 or during their E3 press conference. Given that they're already offering it to select publishers, expect a short list of compatible titles to be announced as well.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=9683

If true....WHICH I HOPE NOT

this willbe SONY's "big" announcement

Is the "Mii Too" Startegy good? will It Work For Them?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

31 April? That's one month away

Man, I hope this is not the big announcement, it would be such a letdown. Plus I wouldnt use that controller anyway.

I MEAN 31ST MARCH IN THE TITLE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ew, I hope not.

Around the Network

I say the March 31st announcment is nothing. Followed by a 12:01 announcment of "April Fools" by whoever "broke the story".

I mean... a March 31st announcement? That's just a stupid idea.

whoever said that it was a big announcement in the 1st place?? where in the kotaku article does it say its a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"   i dont know why everyone is hyping it up just to be letdown...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I hope not too. But if true, between this and that 3rd party motion thing on 360, everyone can be enjoying Rayman's Raving Rabbids World Party Sportz this holiday season.

Joy.

Bonafide732 said:

whoever said that it was a big announcement in the 1st place?? where in the kotaku article does it say its a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"   i dont know why everyone is hyping it up just to be letdown...

It's just a firmware update, I'm 90% sure.

It makes perfect sense: it was up last week, but they took it down to tweak some minor stuff and adjustment. Now they'll announce it for real tomorrow.

I would not buy this so i hope the news is something else!