By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The real reason for Madworld's low start to sales?

I was looking at the game section of Wal-Mart's electronics section, and and I'd decided to buy Madworld, or GTA: Chinatown Wars if they didn't have it in stock.

I paced up and down the Wii section three, times.  Not only did I not see the game, but I didn't even see slot for the game (for those who don't know, Wal-Mart has each row labelled with the name of its designated game).  On my way to the DS section to grab CTW, something catches my eye.

I glance again at one section of games.  I have to look away, blink a few times, then look back.  There's one copy of MadWorld, stuffed sideways between SimAnimals and Raving Rabbids TV Party.

*facepalms himself in public

To their credit, they did have many copies of World at War Wii, but they were half-concealed behind a generic Wal-Mart poster.

Oh, well, at least I was able to get the game, and at $40 to boot

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I would have said the boxart. But That's a good reason also.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

at the gamestop I got it from it was almost like under the counter...

Luthor said:
I would have said the boxart. But That's a good reason also.

wow 

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

They didn't have it at any of the Gamestops i went to either.

So i went with Rune Factory.

Around the Network

It's a niche game that's 5 hours long. The box art helps it if anything ^^

RolStoppable said:
The real problem is that most of those gamers who were interested in the game, are the same ones who usually read reviews and a length of around five hours without much replay value has put off a lot of those people of buying this game (could also be seen here on VGC). Paying full price for a game you will beat in a day and maybe/probably not play again is too much to ask for.

That's the exact reason I didn't buy it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I don't understand the problem with a beat-em-up that's only a few hours long. When I put up the review for TMNT IV, everyone was completely glowing about the game in the comments, despite it only talking a half-hour to complete.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think the real reason Madworld didn't sell a lot is because not a lot of people bought it.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

The problem with the Wii is not that it can't sell core games. It is that there is too much shovelware taking all the f***** place in the window. In order words, there is too much games on wii (which 35% must be shovelware) and because of that, more niche games does not get the visibility thez deserve.

I'm pretty sure Mushroom men would have get better sell if people could see the front cover. Don't fool yourself, you can't deny that 40% of people buy games only by looking on the cover...

Im pretty confident that when the wii will get a price drop, a lot of core gamers on PS3 360 or PC will give the Wii a chance. Then making a niche game will be even more liveable on Wii.