By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Zapper's pack-in will be... (brace yourself)

Zelda Crossbow Training. That's right - a Zelda game.

“A source at the show tells Opposable Thumbs that after Nintendo's speech, the managers were given a world-exclusive first look at the pack-in game for the Wii Zapper. Are you ready? Zelda Crossbow Training.

“"The game looked beautiful," my source said. "I'm pretty sure it was running on the Twilight Princess engine. It's a third-person game, and you had some control over Link. While the video was way too short to get a good idea of the gameplay, it looks like a light-gun inspired Zelda title." (He says that as if we'd know what a light gun-inspired Zelda title would look like.)”

Source:

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Cool; although I'll buy it with Resident Evil UC if it's bundled with it.

ZOMG ITS THE WII ZELDA!!!!

Sounds like a tech demo type thing, mind you - so did Wii sports when I first heard about it.

Makes sense to me. Big franchise, new chunk of plastic...

Gonna be the next Wii Play! Especially at that price point...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Huh, pretty cool. I was expecting either some Wii Play esque, or perhaps a graphically updated Duck Hunt.

Pretty cool. I was expecting far less from a $20 peripheral package.

Can't wait to get this for Ghost Squad...

Around the Network

I hope it's fun. I'll buy anything Zelda, as long as it's on a console (though I am contemplating getting a DS for PH, even though I normally stay away from handhelds).

That gun sorta reminds me of the sega genesis light gun The Menacer.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

As crappy as the graphics look for Ghost Squad, I'm also looking forward to it. Graphics don't matter as much in "light gun" games anyway...I just wanna shoot everything that moves! (except hostages of course...damn hostages running in the way of my gunfire!)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

damn i wanted duck hunt, maybe i could finally kill the dog

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

makingmusic476 said:
I hope it's fun. I'll buy anything Zelda, as long as it's on a console (though I am contemplating getting a DS for PH, even though I normally stay away from handhelds).

I think it's worth it even if handhelds isn't your thing; In NGamer UK review, they Zelda PH is probably the best Zelda ever (and they really liked TP).