By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vgchartz Evening News with Vgchartzgirl, Wfz and Soriku. Not to be missed!

Welcome everyone to the 'VGchartz Evening News brought to you by Megman2. We truly have a packed show with Icons such as VGchartzgril, Wfz and Soriku. Turn the kettle on and get the biscuits out for the 'Evening News of Monday April the 13th.

With  - Monday April 13th.

Today's guests are:

-  -

Soriku                     Vgchartzgril             Wfz

Our first interview is with the 'Icon' himself 'Soriku'.

First off all let me say thank you to all our guests for taking the time out from their busy schedule, to attend the Evening News.

Snake2 reporting Live from New york, Snake2's interview with Soriku.

Q1 - You are a well respected member of the community, was it difficult building up your reputation? 

A1 - Eh...not really actually. I don't think I did too much to ask for to build up a reputation. I just posted a lot, posted a lot of news, argued a lot (lol) and I'm not a troll so it wasn't that hard and I built up a good enough reputation. Pretty easy, and I think a lot of people can be well known on this site easy (not up to my levels though: P) if they follow what I did.

Q2 - Many people have forgotten that you at one time were the Nintendo Leader. It must have been hard carrying such responsibility at such a young age.

A2 - lol. I'm still the Nintendo leader ;) I just have a lot of subordinates now...like Zucas for example. :P Not hard at all...just make good, respectful enough arguments with people (and make a lot) and you can become my subordinate as well!

Q2B - Were you disappointed that the leader threads got locked?

Hmm, yeah. They were pretty fun and I think other threads got more out of hand. What killed them though was that there was a lot of them being made so they had to be stopped. I don't wanna say some people ruined it for all of us, but it's kinda true :3 Oh well, we can live without them :)

Q3 - We all know that you would love for Kingdom of Hearts 3 to come out on the Wii. But given that it's predecessors were released on the Sony brand. Do you think it's possible that KH3 may be released on the ps3? If so would you be tempted to purchase a 'ps3'.

Well in the past I argued why it doesn't have much chance...as a multiplatform game it still can (but I still doubt it). But every day I feel like it won't come out this gen since SE like to take forever with their games. Even if it does when the earliest is it could come out? 2012? By then I should have a job and a PS3 (or 360, but I'd rather have a PS3) will be much cheaper. But then again I don't really have to buy one right away. So it doesn't really matter to me much anymore. I just don't like the people who think it can't be on the Wii for stupid reasons because of "the waggle" or something.

Q4 - You are an icon in the making you have mentioned in the same sentence as icons such as Kirby007, Skeeuk, Perpride and Gebx. it must feel good to receive the recognition that you have earned?

Sure :) I like being recognized on the interwebz. Its pretty fun...and more people will actually read your posts/listen to you if you're well known. So yeah, it's pretty good.

Q5 - What game are you most anticipated for aside from KH3 LOL.

Tales of Graces. Tales and KH are my top series. I like console games over handheld ones though (in most cases. But say there was a The World Ends With You 2 coming that'd be my most anticipated game besides ToG.) So I want ToG more than KH: 358/2 Days right now. I got into Tales with ToS...still my favorite game of all time and ToS: DotNW for Wii is an amazing game and people shouldn't listen to reviews. So, a new entry in one of my top series coming to a console I own is great :)

Final question - Is it too early to say Soriku, moderator in the making?

Yeah, definitely, but I don't care about being a mod really. I'd rather be a normal user...so I can be more "free" kinda. I like being a contributor at least though...I can post top news and it'd be more recognized than on the forums so that's cool. But a mod...eh...whatever. If they promote me as one eventually I won't say no but if not then it doesn't bother me at all.

Michael-Moore reporting live from Texas, Michael's interview with Wfz.

You are known for being one of the finest comedians Vgchartz has to offer, however this week you were not happy with some of the moderating why is that?

Glad to see I'm such a well-known comedian! Life is too short and has too much pain in it, so I try to make the best of it and have the most fun I can with every opportunity. Life is so much better when you're carefree and having fun! Now, onto your question. Actually, I'm fine with the moderation system. I did create a thread a few days ago asking about the methods of the moderation system, and questioning why they rely so much more on users than other sites do. Thanks to a handful of helpful users and mods, I came to realize the effective purpose and use for the moderation system the way it is. I do sometimes find it bothersome to report people, and to counter that I've been writing up some humorous and sarcastic reports recently. It keeps me a bit more entertained! When I say sarcastic, an example would be complimenting the person on their vocabulary (vulgur words) and brilliant use of imagery while writing up my report page. I wonder what the mods think when they read them?

Q2 - Would you not agree that the moderators we have are doing an excellent job?

I believe that, for the most part, they're perfect for the job. There are of course some grey areas, but I've heard that VGC2.0 is supposed to redifine the modding system and make it even better than it is. I'm very happy to be a part of this great site! The community and the staff members are awesome, and most importantly, know how to have fun.

Q3 - Do you think the implementation of Skeeuk, Kirby007, Gebx and Cougarman as moderators would benefit the site?

Gebx and Skeeuk would even each other out I suppose, but do we really need to add Cougarman to the plethora of Wii fanboy mods? Only kidding of course, the more Wii domination the better! We're all about kicking ass and taking names, after all.  I'd definitely recommend Kirby007 if only to see the insanity that follows suit. I'm sure we'd get some epic and hilarious results from that. ;)

Q4 - What console do you own? What games do enjoy playing?

From the current generation I own a DSL, Wii, and an Xbox 360. My favorite genres of gaming are Platforming and Adventure games(Zelda being my favorite of all time), but there are plenty of awesome games from almost every genre that I love. It's strange, but I haven't played my DSL lately. Pokemon Platinum is one of the few games I've bought recently. I'm just not into handheld gaming as much as console gaming, and there are so many console games to keep me busy that I hardly find time to pick up my DS. My 360 is basically packed with shooters and Fable. I got my 360 about 5 months ago, and I still haven't taken the time to buy many of the older games like Bioshock, ToV, etc. I'd love to get a recommendation list from someone. What are the greatest 360 games from the years past? I also have to give props to Sonic, even if some of his latest outings have had some faults, I will always love that little blue blur.

Q5 - What are your thoughts on the ps3 reigning dominant in Japan? Is it the return of the king or too early too say?

I think it's quite a feat for the PS3 to be doing so well compared to the Wii in Japan, but everyone keeps saying that Japan is software driven, so we'll see what happens later this year when Monster Hunter and Wii Sports Resort come out. ;) I'm not at all against the PS3 though, and I hope it keeps it's success going. I don't think it will take out the Wii though. I won't bother mentioning the 360 here. :P

Q6 Do you think a ps3 priced at $299 means game over for the console war?

a $299 PS3 would be amazing, but you also have to consider that Nintendo hasn't made one price cut yet and they could very easily cut the price and still remain profitable on every Wii sold. The Wii is also in a bit of a different league than the PS3, since it's target audience includes people who generaly wouldn't pick up video games. It would probably be a pretty bad blow to the 360, but will it make a lasting effect? The PS3 could very well take over the 360 and end up in second place if the PS3 had a price cut. It really comes down to the games though. Speaking of which, i can't wait to see what Team ICO is working on!

Final question - 4 months in to 2009, which console will take achieve the ' console of the year' will it be the ps3's year again? Does Microsoft have something up it sleeves? will KH3 be announced as a wii exclusive?

I'd say that all of this rests in the hands of E3. Whatever happens there will be the deciding factor! It should (hopefully) be quite exciting to see this year. Microsoft really hasn't announced much at all yet, so they might have a huge blowout at E3. Since I don't own a PS3 I don't keep track of its games as much, but I'm sure E3 will have quite a bit in store for it. Maybe Nintendo will actually surprise its core audience in a good way this time? Hahahhahaha.

And yes, KH3 will be a Wii exclusive. B_E_L_I_E_V_E !!!

Speaking of which, give me Luigi's Mansion 2, Nintendo! D=<

Finally Megaman2 interviews Vgchartzgirl, reporting live from London, England.

Q1 - Many people have always speculated that you are an alt account, could you end this speculation once and for all. Let's have it on the record.

Nope, this is my actual account, not an alt. It's funny, some people speculated that I was NintendoFanGirl at one point, but if you followed any of our conversations in the past, you'd realize this is not true. 

In fact, I think NintendoFanGirl would run you over with a car if she saw you post that! :)  At any rate, people can believe what they want to believe, there'll still be people who say that I'm lying and that this is an alt account, but whatever, they can believe whatever they want, it's a free country.

Q2 - Many people including myself would like to know how you have managed to add every game and friend to your database. If you wish not to disclose this information, than reply 'no comment'.

I follow an hourly ritual and add 100 games and 100 friends when I'm bored lol j/k  It's actually funny how much attention that has gotten.  I've had people post on my wall and say cool things like "I tried to view your collection and my computer crashed" or "that's an awesome game collection" :). 

Others take it to the extreme and say "No way, you're lying, hey everyone, she's fake, I can prove it!"  One person even posted a forum topic about it http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56970.  I even got a moderation warning stating that I was violating the forum rules by having that many games in my collection and that I must immediately proceed to delete the games I don't own (I still haven't figured out how I violated the forum rules, but whatever). 

At any rate, I probably won't share how I actually added all the games and friends because then everyone would try it and shut the site down.  And btw, I didn't hack anything; I get so tired of reading posts where people think I hacked the site and that I'm bent on slowing/shutting the site down.  That's not my intention, I really do love this site, but I feel that it's got bugs that need to be fixed. 

People complain that I shouldn't exploit these bugs and should report them and hope someone who is in charge of coding the site will do something about it.  Trust me, I did message and tell people a while back, but nothing was ever done.  So, as a joke, I just did a few things to exploit the bugs I pointed out and thought that would be a good way to get the bugs patched up. 

Unfortunately, my plan kind of back fired and instead of people taking action and fixing the bugs, they just resorted to saying I was hacking the site and that I'm a terrible person for wanting the site to crash.  Again, if I wanted to crash the site, I'd tell everyone how to exploit these bugs, but I'm not going to because I just want them to fix the bugs. 

To my knowledge, the same bugs I've used to add friends and add video games are still there, hopefully this interview will cause them to do something about it.

Q3- which console do you own? What games are you into at the moment? which are your favourite? a woman associated with gaming is very powerful and very sexy indeed. So your thoughts are much appreciated on this site.

I own a NES, SNES, Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, an N64, and a Gamecube.  I really haven't had time to play many games lately, probably my favorite at the moment (even though it's not on a game console) is World of Warcraft.  And no, I won't post my character names :)  I don't need a bunch of people whispering me while I'm trying to beat an instance. 

Back when I used to play a lot of video games, I was a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, my favorite one being Final Fantasy 3 (Final Fantasy 6 in Japan).  I've always loved Call of Duty games and the GTA series.  Metal Gear Solid on the PS was awesome and the sequels afterwards were cool too. Of course, you can't forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band (Rock on!).  I could go on and on, but for the most part, FPS and RPG are a favorite of mine, when I get more time, I hope to catch up to current titles that are currently out.

Q4- What is your most anticipated game this year and why?

I heard a new Ghostbusters game is coming out, that could be cool if done properly.  Hmmm, Hello Kitty Island Adventure :)

It's hard to say, to be honest (I should probably be ashamed for saying this), but I really don't pay attention to new releases that much.  I've already got alot of games that I still need to finish and most of the time when I buy a new game, I just look for games at EB Games that are on sale and that I've heard through people are pretty good games.  (I mean, come on, I have 21,558 games to play!)

Although I did see a trailer for the new batman game, Arkham Asylum, that looks sweet!  Kind of looks like MGS from what I've seen, so you can't go wrong with that :)

Q5 - What do you make of the raging console war that has taken many lives?

lol, well, if you're referring to the crossfire of opinions on which console is best on the forum boards, I think people all have their own opinion on which console is the best, and people need to remember they are just opinions.  I believe some people have gotten banned because of their opinions on which console is best, which I think is a little weird, but alot of times I can't make sense of why some people get banned anyway.

At any rate, I think the discussion thread you started about trolls (http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=67850) is a good summary of why letting people voice their opinion is good and entertaining.

Q6 - What are your thought on VGchartz and its community?

Basically, I love the site and the community, but some people need to lighten up and realize we're all here to enjoy video games and hang out with other people who also enjoy video games :) 

In the end, realize I'm not here to cause trouble, and alot of times, if you are getting mad and sending me angry messages, that it just makes me want to do those things that make you mad, so take what I do with a grain of salt, have an intelligent conversation with me, and you might be surprised with what you find. :)

Final question - When do I get to take you out for dinner?

Lol, we'll just have to wait and see 

Memorable Quotes

"I am relieved. When you can't go through the forum topics on the front page without seeing eight of those threads, then you know you have a problem".

Arrk, Vgchartz Member

"Nice, a list of random people to ban next time I get drunk".

Moderator, DKII

"Can we at least have a final tally of the post for each thread. it would help with some closure".

Beja Beja, Vgchartz Member.

Thank you for tuning in, and enjoy the rest of the day.

Megaman2 out.

Around the Network

Epic, the leader is back!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Good read! Amazing that Vgchartz girl admitted being a Nintendo Fan Girl alt account, too!!
;)

Awesome stuff, I didn't even know Vgchartzgirl was actually active until now.

Why do you own an xbox360 when you own a wii please tell me why it breaks my heart baby

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:
Why do you own an xbox360 when you own a wii please tell me why it breaks my heart baby

Me??

oh sorry I misread the questions what is going on. I thought you were interviewing Reggie...

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

donkeykong88 said:
jellyfishprince said:

Me??

I think it was directed at Vgchartzgirl...

jellyfishprince said:
oh sorry I misread the questions what is going on. I thought you were interviewing Reggie...

loool i was wondering

Great show. vgchartzgirl gave a pro interview. Suprising for what everyone thought was a joke account.