By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Do You Think Of This Song By Falco "Rock Me Amadeus"

Johann (Hans) Hölzel (19 February 19576 February 1998), better known by his stage name Falco, was an Austrian rap, pop and rock musician and had four #1 Hits - "Der Kommissar," "Rock Me Amadeus," "Jeanny," and "Coming Home (Jeanny Part 2)." He is the first and so far only artist to score a #1 Hit in the U.S. with a German language song.His albums and singles have sold about 60 million copies worldwide.

Falco died of severe injuries received from a collision with a bus in his Mitsubishi Pajero near the city of Puerto Plata, in the Dominican Republic on 6 February 1998, just two weeks before his 41st birthday. While it was initially reported that the autopsy showed high blood levels of alcohol and cocaine, this was disputed. At the time of his death, he was working on a comeback into the music world.He was buried in the Zentralfriedhof (Central Cemetery) in Vienna, Austria.

This song was in my head for days and i had no clue who it was until today i just heard it some where in a store its a ok song for certain occasions give it a listen i guarantee the chours will stick in ur head

Play Me

Around the Network

They made fun of it on Family Guy.

I think that song is the bomb, almost as good as "Der Kommisar." It's a shame he died so young. I love Falco.

Also:

its one of the greatest songs ever! the movie was really depressing. Did Falco make any other music? I've heard that song and Der Komissar but that's it.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I think that song is the bomb, almost as good as "Der Kommisar." It's a shame he died so young. I love Falco.

Also:

That simpsons song is the first thing that comes to mind.

Around the Network

Falco rocks. RIP, you angelic adonis....

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

The Ghost of RubangB said:

yes it is its  a shame too that he died i didnt even no anything about it i just heard the song in a store and it was in my head for days so once i finally found out who it was i started to do research on him and found out then i always have that happen to me with songs in my head i dont know who the artist are and i just cant stop searching for the bands until i know who they are the same thing happened to me with aldo novas "fantasy" and others

Play Me

ok, I just passed by a very strange parallel universe where everyone likes Falco.....gotta get out of here.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I'm a fan of Falco, and 80's music in general.

Falco is great. The 80's were better.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions