By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV - (PC,PS3) simultaneous release worldwide in 2010

PR has confirmed simulteneous global release in all regions on PS3 and PC.

PR:

Square Enix Unveils Newest Addition to the FINAL FANTASY Series, FINAL FANTASY XIV!

MMORPG Scheduled for Simultaneous Global Release on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Windows

LOS ANGELES, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV, an all new massively-multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG), is planned for simultaneous global release with language support in Japanese, English, French and German.

Adventure begins anew in the vast realm of Eorzea!

More information on FINAL FANTASY XIV can be found at http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/.

About FINAL FANTASY XIV

Platforms: PLAYSTATION(R) 3 & Windows(R)
*Details on required PC specifications to be announced
at a later date
Languages: Japanese, English, German, French (simultaneous release)
Genre: MMORPG
Release: 2010
MSRP: TBD
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Copyright: (C) SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Development Staff
Producer: Hiromichi Tanaka (FINAL FANTASY I, II, III, XI)
Director: Nobuaki Komoto (FINAL FANTASY IX, XI)
Art Director: Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story(R), FINAL FANTASY XII)
Music: Nobuo Uematsu of SMILE PLEASE (FINAL FANTASY series)

About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc

Around the Network

PC huh? I knew that would happen. Because I haven't seen an MMO work properly on a console before I have to assume the PS3 version will be the weaker SKU by a noticeable degree.

Tease.

Now the question is why are they ditching X360, considering that they have already ported FFXI to it.

that makes much more sense. Guess PS3 fans will have to get used to the old "console exclusive" term ^^

Rei said:
Now the question is why are they ditching X360, considering that they have already ported FFXI to it.

MMO's on the 360=Fail,MS knows this that's why they cancelled plenty of MMO's on the 360 like the marvel one they had

Around the Network

So it isn't really exclusive huh? Guess I will get the best version on the PC. :)

has anyone ever tried to play ff online on 360? its a pain in the ass with all the client downloading and multiple sign ins.

this will work perfectly on ps3, and its great that ps3 has another great eclusive to look forward to.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

That's good to hear, I would much rather play this on the PC.

It's much easier for me to hog the laptop for hours and hours rather than hog the TV for hours and hours and get the wife angry with me.

It took FFXI how long to get to North America? 1 year?

I don't understand why many people care about this game...it's an MMO. Many better MMO's will be and are already out, I assume...I mean, will this be better than World of Warcraft or Diablo III?

I think that people are overplaying it because it was the big PS3 game at Sony's conference.

I also believe that an MMO game should be played on PC. I don't know anyone who play's MMO's on a console. I think the sales of this game on the PS3 will be poor, except in Japan, and even there it won't be "huge".

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, I just don't think that so many people are genuinely excited about a MMORPG, from Square-Enix. Not the type of people who would be on these forums anyway.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.