By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is your gaming room Natal Ready? If not, would you reorganize it for Natal?

One of the issues with Natal is that it needs to see your whole body. This raises another issue with how usable Natal is in practice.

There were positive hands-on reports of Burnout running with Natal, where acceleration is controlled with the feet (as in a pedal). Of course the E3 demo and test rooms (as shown in some articles) were empty rooms with lots of space to "waggle" the body around.

However I doubt this is the case for many people. Some people have cramped gaming rooms (I have to put things away when I turn on Wii Fit), some people have tables or other objects that would hide their feet from a camera placed near their TV.

It's already a bit of a pain for me to put away stuff when I want to play Wii Fit, but I put up with it because I'm actually doing some exercise. However, I'm not so sure I would want to do that every time I want to play a game. Using the example of Burnout, do you think the advantage of playing it without a controller is enough to bother reorganizing your room for Natal? Or do you not even need to? I'm wondering whether most people's homes lend themselves to gaming this way.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I don't know right now. Until the day where Natal provides a gaming experience so compelling that everyone should try it, then probably not. Although it depends on how I live at the time.

Not at all. My game room is too small. I'm impressed with the technology, but I won't be buying it.

It sounds like it could suffer from the same issue as the original Eye Toy -- you have to have things set up perfectly for it to function perfectly.

The technology is wonderful. The questions are whether it is practical and desired. Like Microsoft Surface, the jury is still out on that.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

no mine is not nore would i want to play like that...i like teh tactail feel of a control in my hand

thats why i like sony and eth wii best for motion control with teh wii more then sony b/c sonys wand loos stupid

Around the Network

I don't think Natal is pet-friendly

No, I wouldn't reorganize my room for Natal. Right now my room should work, but when I get my house and set up my entertainment room how I want, Natal would be out of the question.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

zerosaurus said:
I don't think Natal is pet-friendly

Especially with Molyneux making games for it. Chicken-kicking game where "you! are! the! controller!" incoming.

my front room is where i keep my gaming setup. theres no chance of a natal setup.

its not the biggest of rooms and also not to small.

but u need lots of room to wave about and i guess many people wont have the room

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It doesn't need to be able to see your whole body. Even if you move out of the camera's view it can predict where your limbs and other parts are judging by the rest of your body.