By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Prototype... ouch.

6.5 Presentation
Very hit or miss. Some cutscenes are a confused joke, others are well-produced. The story isn't your standard fare, but that doesn't mean it is outstanding.
5.5 Graphics
If it weren't for some nice animations, this game wouldn't have anything going for it visually.
7.5 Sound
There's nothing exceptional going on here, but the sounds and music do their job. The voice acting is decent.
8.0 Gameplay
Toying around with the powers, consuming and crushing everything in your path, and generally playing with the world is fun. The mission design could be better and things do tend to get too chaotic.
6.5 Lasting Appeal
You can do just about everything in well under 20 hours. I didn’t find myself compelled to play for a second time at all.
Good
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/992/992950p1.html

That review, despite the 7.5, is bad.

Around the Network

This thread might turn into a war...

Former something....

huh.....that's quite different. Only other reviews I've seen mentioned were 9's and one 8. I figured IGN would end up as a mid 8 since they usually end up around the middle of the spectrum.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Welll it got a 9.8 today from somewhere

so mixed reviews is what its gonna get!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They gave infamous a 9.2.. mhm

mM
Around the Network
Torillian said:
huh.....that's quite different. Only other reviews I've seen mentioned were 9's and one 8. I figured IGN would end up as a mid 8 since they usually end up around the middle of the spectrum.

Thats what i was expecting.

Its lucky to get the 7.5 too, with the other scores it should have ended up below 7.

InFamous > Prototype.

I hate to compare games, but we had Infamous vs Prototype threads here for the past few months. Sony gets both games, and the better game :)

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Carl2291 said:
6.5 Presentation
Very hit or miss. Some cutscenes are a confused joke, others are well-produced. The story isn't your standard fare, but that doesn't mean it is outstanding.
5.5 Graphics
If it weren't for some nice animations, this game wouldn't have anything going for it visually.
7.5 Sound
There's nothing exceptional going on here, but the sounds and music do their job. The voice acting is decent.
8.0 Gameplay
Toying around with the powers, consuming and crushing everything in your path, and generally playing with the world is fun. The mission design could be better and things do tend to get too chaotic.
6.5 Lasting Appeal
You can do just about everything in well under 20 hours. I didn’t find myself compelled to play for a second time at all.
Good
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/992/992950p1.html

That review, despite the 7.5, is bad.

I called this a long time ago. I knew this game was gonna be bad, but i had heard recently that it was shaping up nicely, but i guess not.

So, a reviewer didn't like the game huh? I guess I should feel indifferent... Or maybe there's a sandbox game war going on and no one told me about it? o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Carl2291 said:
Torillian said:

Thats what i was expecting.

Its lucky to get the 7.5 too, with the other scores it should have ended up below 7.

Well atleast they didn't give an overall above or below all the components.  I hate when they do that.