By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC Poll: What was the biggest disappointment of E309?

What was the biggest disappointment of E309?

Project Natal 3,369 29.39%

Wii Vitality Sensor 3,102 27.06%

Sony Motion Control 2,920 25.47%

Tweenz 1,010 8.81%

The entire show. 500 4.36%

Not enough Mario. 564 4.92%

Total:11,465

It's over. 

The biggest show of the year has run its course and no amount of fanboy tears can bring it back.  So did you get to see what you were waiting for?  Did this year pack more of a wollup for you than last year?  Or the year before?  But really, what pissed you off the most?  What was it about this year's show that made you cringe in your chair and wish the whole thing had been a bad dream?  

Was it Microsoft's Natal?  Did this reveal by Microsoft move them closer to Nintendo when they really should be focusing on thier hardcore base?  Or do you think that it just wasn't ready to be shown?

What about Nintendo's Vitality Sensor?  Has Iwata finally cracked up?  Is this one step too far in exergaming, like Wii Music was one step to far into rhythm games? 

And how about them ice cream cones that Sony showed off?  Did that demo seem a bit rushed to you?  Dide it seem a little too rough around the edges for a product that is supposed to hit shelves next Spring?

Of course, if you're in that coveted Tween category that every publisher and developer seems to think represents 1/3 of the marketplace then maybe you didn't have anything to be disappointed about.  Maybe you are fascinated by the idea of designing jewlery on your game console, then having that same jewlery sent to you in the mail. 

And I know some of you just don't think that four Mario titles are enough.  You want Moar!  You want Mario Ice Skating and Mario: Night at the Museum.  Maybe you just want Nintendo's next console to be nothing but Mario games.  It'll be like the NES era when the fat plumber was in everything from Punch Out to Golf.

And judging by the forums across teh internetz I'm sure there are more than a few of you who were disappointed in the entire show.  You thought that the booth babes were the best things to see at the show and that everything else got in the way.  That's why you made sure to stay focused on VGChartz throughout the event to keep up with Evan and Gabriel's ever growing list of this year's hottest hotties whose only real job (and trust me, it's real work) was to act like they liked having us gaming nerds around for the week.  Bless their little souls.

Happy Voting!

Around the Network

Sony being the only company to actually present sales figures!

I know that FF14 is "megaton" to some people but i was disapointed :/ but they more than made up for it.

from the things you showed

microsofts natal

but i have to say lack of rare

E3 being leaked was one of my dissapointments to be quite honest, I didnt feel the hype I did back in e3 2007, 2008 was just dull for me 2009 was better but not as good as 07, it could just be me though.

mM
Around the Network

No PS3 pricecut
No 360 slim

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

HAHA, currently the answer 'I am unaware of the definition of disappointment' is winning.

Nobody on this site predicted the Wii vitality sensor, thus nobody had any expectations for it, thus nobody could fail to have their expectations met thus no-one was dissapointed by the Wii Vitality Sensor.

I agree that it should win a few awards, most unexplained announcement, must confusing etc. But disappointing just cannot be applied to it :P

PS: I was disappointed by the relative lack of Mario.

No Pikmin 3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I was dissapointed that Milo was fake. I would really like to see AI like that in a game like Fallout or Oblivion. Imagine when you're traversing the wasteland actually being able to hold a conversation with one of your allies such as charon.

Edit: hell most of us knew it was fake, cause that demonstration seemed rehearsed, but a little part of me was hoping it could be real. Hopefully they pull a Killzone 2 and it actually ends up being good.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Where's the option for absence of Zelda?

No, that stupid artwork doesn't count.