By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGchartz Evening News with Torillian and trashleg!!

Welcome everyone to the 'VGchartz Evening News brought to you by Megman.2. We truly have a packed show with Icons Torillian and trashleg. Turn the kettle on and get the biscuits out for the 'Vgchartz Evening News of Saturday June 13th.

VGchartzWith

Today's guests are:

Our first interview is with Gaming historian himself Torillian

First off all let me say thank you to all our guests for taking the time out from their busy schedule, to attend the Evening News.

Snake2 reporting Live from New york, Snake2's interview with Torillian.

Q1 – Many people in this community have cited you as a gaming historian, what do you make of this title?

A1- Well I think only you have cited me as a gaming historian, but I do enjoy the title regardless

Q1B – What is it reasonable for me state that Team Ico series had overtaken Zelda?

A1b - I think that it is reasonable to compare the two, but I don't think you can reasonably come to the conclusion you did.  I love Team Ico games, but they're going to have to put out more than 2 fantastic games to overtake a series as long standing and illustrious as Zelda

Q2 – What game are you most anticipated for and why?

A2 - My most anticipated game depends.  What I'm really most anticipating right now is the new Batman game for PS3 since that is my next purchase.  If you look past that my most anticipated game coming up soonish is Uncharted 2, and if you look into the next year my most anticipated would have to be the Last Guardian

Q3 – There have been some rumours circulating that im about to be promoted to moderator, was this discussed in the mod forums?

A3 - lol, I have not heard of such rumors, but I guess we'll just say that I don't think I am at liberty to discuss what is said in the mod forums and leave it at that.  ^^

Q4 – What in your opinion has been the greatest game this Gen thus far? Cod4? MGS4? SMG?

A4 - I think the greatest game objectively that I have played has probably been SMG.  The greatest game for me personally has been Valkyria Chronicles, and my most played game is skate 2.

Q4B – What game introduced you to gaming?

A4b - Earliest game I recall playing was Pitfall on some Atari of some kind.  If I remember correctly I sucked at it.  Before that I watched a friend of my parents play a Ghostbusters game on PC where you had to manage their finances and capture ghosts.  Both of these were when I was in first grade or Kindergarten I think.

Q5 – Lastly, What are your thoughts on the Last Guardian? Will it deliver?

A5 - I fully expect Last Guardian to be a breathtakingly unique experience that I will remember for a very long time, just as Ico and SotC are.

- Interview 2. with trashleg 

Our 2nd interview is with trashleg, Megaman.2. reporting live from London, England.

Q1 – You are the creator of the ‘Loyally free gaming movement’ were you surprised by the Reponses?

yeah completely, i could kinda understand the people who were saying "what the hell is this?" but i was chuffed that so many people have signed up. even if it was just a bit nonsense to begin with, it seems like quite a lot of people agree with it 

Q1B – As a neutral gamer yourself, what do you make of the console war that has taken so many lives?

taken? as in, people have died? i think it's silly when it's taken too far, but we all have preferences and favourites, for different reasons. some people feel that they can only trust one brand and that's sad, because it puts them off others, but things are changing so rapidly these days that the only thing i think it's sensible to do is to keep your eyes open for any development, from any brand, that you might be interested in. don't alienate yourself from two thirds of the market "just cos". i don't mind harmless banter though, people making bets or whatever. as long as people are all having fun, cos that's what gaming is (or at least should be) about. with a healthy dose of competition, of course

Q2 – What game are you most anticipated for and why?

oooh i cant wait til a new zelda is announced, one that doesnt involve a DS or trains lol. im quite looking forward to The Last Guardian, I'd better hurry up and get that PS3 first though!

Q3 – I’m known to the community as the Sony Leader, would you be interested in joining the Sony Cabinet as my secretary

i'm currently without a sony console so i don't think i'd do a very good job. anyway, how sexist of you to expect me to be a secretary! cheeky boy  once I get my PS3, I would be glad to join your "Cabinet" - you know I can hold my own when talking politics! haha

Q4 – As a Zelda fan, what Zelda game would you say is the best? Is there any other game that tops Zelda?

hmm i think its a matter of opinion, each game series offers something different. I have a cuple of favourites, because they each mean something to me personally. Wind Waker was the first one I ever completed (I'd only previously started Minnish Cap) and I fell in love with it. The music was braw. Then I played Twiliht Princess, and the story and soundtrack impressed me. And, of course, after playing Wind Waker it seemed so much more grown-up and, yah, Link is cute I feel like I should say Ocarina of Time is my favourite, but it just isn't. Maybe if I'd played that one first, but I laughed out loud when I saw the graphics. Saria looked very polygonal. So, therefore it would be Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. As for whether it can be topped, it depends what you're looking for. If you look at my list of "favourite games" there are loooaads, cos I just don't know how to pick an all-time fave.

Q4B – What was the first game you fell in love with?

hmmm thats easy! Alex Kidd in Miracle World, when i was a baby i apparently looked like him (i still get told I do sometimes) and everything about that game kicked butt. i think it was the first game i ever played. built in to the master system, ohhh yeah xD. I've fallen in love with plenty since then, and as much as I'd like to list those the question specifically asks for the "first".. so yah. Miracle World <3

Q5 – Lastly, When do I get to take you out for dinner

haha, don't hold your breath 

Thank you to both of my guests.

Memorable Quotes

"I am relieved. When you can't go through the forum topics on the front page without seeing eight of those threads, then you know you have a problem".

Arrk, Vgchartz Member

"Nice, a list of random people to ban next time I get drunk".

Site Admin, DKII

Happy Bday to Seece!

Thank you for tuning in, and enjoy the rest of the day.

Sony Leader Out

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

With Real Talk season 3 episode 1 out , lets see which show garners greater TVR (Television Rating Points)

analyst darth is on standby!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I demand for you to return to your donkeykong account!

OT: Why only 2 people its usually 3? Running out of people to interview?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
I demand for you to return to your donkeykong account!

OT: Why only 2 people its usually 3? Running out of people to interview?

When you do more than two people it messes up the thread

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Who came up with this idea?

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
Who came up with this idea?

what do you mean?

</embed>

This is a good idea. Reading VGC evening news after kicking some ass on Killzone 2 is a nice way to end the day.

So we have Real Talk, Unreal talk, Evening News!?
What Next

This wins.

this is a refreshing thread, free of the usual fanboy banter. Keep em coming! Oh, and my condolences for not getting that date with trashleg.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!