By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lose weight and stay healthy with hatmoza!

I've been meaning to make this thread for some time, and hopefully I can get this sticky.

It's hard to lose weight today. People are too busy or just to lazy. People start off strong and eventually give up on their routine exersice because they quickly find out it's too boring,and with lack of interest of whatever workout your doing a lack of consistency happens. I struggled for years in finding a solution. I came back to the united states after I graduated abroad weighing only 150 lbs standing 6 feet tall back in 2005, and slowly,year after year I would only gain more weight . Until I finally weighed an astounding 255 lbs in 2008. I tried everything. Dieting, Gyms, etc. I even fell for a few of those phony balogna infomercials. But to no gain. Resticting my self from foods I didnt like was not fun, Going to gyms and forcing my self to use machines was brutal, getting up early in the morning for a quick jog or a long walk was boring, even with friends or my girlfriend. I had to find a solution, something that fitted me and my likes, something that I would enjoy doing. It finally clicked with me one day! I had to get a game that would force me to move about and enjoy it at the same time. I got to be honest, I considered Wii Fit for the longest, but I had just spent a lot of money on a trip planned for October and wasn't in a position to buy a new console. But then I stumbled upon this video (which has been one of my biggest inspirational videos to date) and was convinced this was my ticket to lose weight. So I went out the next day and purchased Dance Dance Revolution X bundled with a dance matt and another two used DDR games (SuperNova 1 & 2) and the rest was literally history. Playing DDR at least an hour a day without changing my diet, I managed to lose 30 lbs from October 18 to late December! And I'm proud today to announce that I weigh 175 lbs!

Before

05/15/2007

After

02/14/2009. In my defense, I was trying to pull a "Grudge" pose

So there it is, my success story. Now I want to introduce that to the fellow memebers of VGC that are struggling to lose weight, shed those 10 lbs they've been talking about, or just stay healthy and in shape.

So here is what I propose. If you are willing to invest the time and are serious about losing weight, I will be your coach and mentor as long as you need me, and as long as I'm alive and a member of VGC,I will devote my time and effort to make you lose that weight. If you already have DDR, great! If you don't and want to sign up, go right ahead and get the game and pad. It doesn't matter what console you have. DDR is available on almost every up-to-date console. Any questions you have, ask them. Tips on how to save a few bucks? Go ahead and ask me.

When you finally have all you questions answered and are ready to sign up for my program, post your response and verify that your ready.

We will start off slow, and by Monday we should be ready to start. Hopefully by then we can have everything discussed and all the rules clarified. What are you waiting for?! Sign up!!

* I cut my hair and I don't look like an emo any more. I don't like looking mature.

May/2009

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Very generous of you! It's cool that you made it into the Most Attractive VGChartz User contest, all thanks to DDR.

Now hurry up and post your pictures... I want to see fatmoza.

good to have you back hatty :P

@badgenome
Don't be fooled! I was even sexier at 250 XD

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I've been looking around ever since you told me about DDR but I can never find a good pad.

Where do you suggest looking and what pads would you recommend? My friend had the normal plastic one but it always slides all over the place so I don't think I'd want that.

Also, which DDR game do you recommend?

Around the Network

Thanks prof
Are you ready to get whipped back in shape?

twesterm said:
I've been looking around ever since you told me about DDR but I can never find a good pad.

Where do you suggest looking and what pads would you recommend? My friend had the normal plastic one but it always slides all over the place so I don't think I'd want that.

Also, which DDR game do you recommend?

Pads are a pain in the ass. I know that for fact. I've been through maybe eight! If you got the cash by all means get the steel platform. but from my experiences the original plastic Konami ones that come bundled with the games are best. They last longer and calculate calories more accurately. Don't go for the generic plastic brands like gamestop, etc. they tend to double the calculations of calories burned and tear up. I usually have to order the konami brands online . I can never seem to find them on store shelves not bundled. (I'll look up the website in a second). As for the sliding around, it drives you crazy the first few weeks. But as you get better, your calves get stronger thus makes your feet lighter and this problem won't effect your perfomance that much any more. Plus as you get better, the position of the matt wouldn't matter anymore!  trust me, you'll move where ever it takes you.

DDR X - Best workout songs

SuperNova 2- Best motivating songs

I know that DDR is had work but, I shamefully don't have the place for even the pads, low cieling is restricting proper jumping aswell.

I need to get back into shape more aswell though, but I will do it by picking up my routine I had a year ago before me moving out, having little cash and trying to finish university...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Heres the website by the way http://www.ddrgame.com/konami.html
Come on twesterm! be an example and sign up!

Esmoreit said:
I know that DDR is had work but, I shamefully don't have the place for even the pads, low cieling is restricting proper jumping aswell.

I need to get back into shape more aswell though, but I will do it by picking up my routine I had a year ago before me moving out, having little cash and trying to finish university...

Push your stove away from the bed, and put your cabinet in the bathroom

And remember if your routine doesn't work out for you, I'm here every hour I'm at work...which is a lot of time.

Off topic - If I ever happen to get fired and my next job doesn't involve computers, I'm screwed from VGC! Bad thought... Maybe I should start working harder.