By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes probably heading to a different platform

No More Heroes probably heading to a different platform

Link: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=19027

No More Heroes probably heading to a different platform

July 1st, 2009 Posted in News, Wii, Written by Valay

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle may very well be the last game in the franchise to be developed for Wii. The latest edition of EDGE features an interview with Goichi Suda, who is the director of the game. In the past, Suda 51 has expressed interest in bringing the series to other platforms, going as far as to say that, “it’d be good to have a chance to release the game on other consoles.” Now Suda has gone even farther with his words and shared with the magazine that No More Heroes will most likely be making a transition to “a new platform.”

“I think this is the last No More Heroes that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand No More Heroes to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we’ve done everything we can with it now.”

Around the Network

Lack of link or platform is disturbing.

Article? Link? Edit: OP updated :P It would be awesome to see a NMH on PS360.

sorry, keyboard messed up, edited with link

This could very well mean that he is talking about a console next generation. Especially if you look at the reason. They said they did all they can on the Wii, well they can't do much better on the other current generation consoles and in some ways it will be a downgrade(controls).

Around the Network

Maybe NMH3 will be a Natal launch title?

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. They said the only reason it was exclusive was because of the motion controller. Now since sony has it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a game for sony

Good thing.
I hope this becomes a franchise and doesnt die with the 2nd release. I could care less if its on PS360 or not more NMH is a good thing.

The funny part is, despite the praise the game has gotten, I think it is as shallow a game as the mini-game collections that come out on the Wii. This game really won't really gain any more attention from the HD crowd because games like Assasin's Creed are much, much better games. The only reason NMH gets attention as is, is because it stands out for being different from other Wii games, especially with a M rated title. For an HD system, games like God of War 3 and Assasins Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2 will leave a Suda production in the dust.

Hmm, I don't know what to think about this.