By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bend over, and get ready for the violation that is...DJ Hero

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-prices-dj-hero-at-gbp-108

UK retailer ShopTo has told Eurogamer that DJ Hero carries a suggested retail price of GBP 107.99. That came directly from Activision, we were told.

ShopTo snips that to GBP 94.85, for the game plus DJ turntable peripheral. It's a significant mark-up on the GBP 70 that Guitar Hero plus peripheral launched at here.

Frustratingly, DJ Hero will only cost Americans 120 dollars, according to GameStop - which translates to around GBP 73.

HMV, which offers DJ Hero for GBP 99.99, told Eurogamer it is "going with its own price on this". Other local retailers are yet to wade in.

My take on buying DJ Hero = "Hell no, dont do it"

Around the Network

This is ultimate milkage from Activision. Im not going to buy this.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

the worse part is, EU folks will happily turn over and stick out their ass for Activision to shaft them...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

To be fair you have to take 15-20% off the european price. In pal regions sales tax is included in the sticker price. In North America sales taxes are added on top of the sticker price at the till.

DJ Hero costs $120?!?

I already had zero interest in that game, but I think it just went negative.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
the worse part is, EU folks will happily turn over and stick out their ass for Activision to shaft them...

at least I won't I disliked guitar hero so chances are I'm gonna dislike this one too.

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me the issue here? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are expensive games. We've known that for years. What gave you all the impression this was going to be any different? I'm psyched for this. It seems highly original.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I thought the exchange rate with the Pound Sterling had slipped lower than that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They can stick this game and the Pop songs in the game right up there where the sun dont shine!

Onyxmeth said:

I don't get it. Can someone explain to me the issue here? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are expensive games. We've known that for years. What gave you all the impression this was going to be any different? I'm psyched for this. It seems highly original.

I spent $110 dollars total for (all brand new, nothing used):

Guitar Hero 3 bundled with the wireless guitar controller

and

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith bundled with the wireless Aerosmith guitar controller

So you will have to forgive me if I think that it is silly for only one game and one accessory to cost more than all of that combined.  Also, based on the stand alone pricing I've seen for these accessories, I decided that the games alone are only worth about $20.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)