By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft ramps up its offensive against cheaters, hackers and nudists

http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/microsoft-ramps-up-its-offensive-against-cheaters-hackers-and-nudists

The latest Major Nelson podcast has Stephen Toulouse, Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement chief, chatting about the rules and regulations around using Xbox Live as well as letting us know that they are really ramping up the protection level thanks to an increase in phishing and hacking attempts.

According to Stephen if you get caught hacking or phishing online now you will be banned from Xbox Live as well as your console receiving a life long ban and any other console you have used will also be included in that ban*. He then goes on to warn the violators that if the offense is serious enough then the punishment will not end there and they will be asking law enforcement to drop past your house and have a chat…

Remember logging into someone elses account and using their credit card details is fraud and you can be put in jail for that.

In other news he also stated that appearing in front of your Xbox Live Videocam nude is against Xbox Live policies and you will be banned for that as well, so hopefully no more fat guys in your UNO lobby.

He did mention that you can set your video footage to only be viewed by those on your friends list so if you really have to play strip UNO online you still can, but obviously Microsoft does not endorse that so keep it under your hat.. er if you are wearing a hat that is.

Source: MajorNelsonPodcast

*Microsoft will only ban consoles you have used if they can prove you did something illegal on that console as well

Excellent.  The banhammer is getting bigger.

EDIT: I just thought of something.  What if the devious user were to sell the banned 360 to Gamestop?

EDIT: I have yet to listen to the postcast, but this might actually be an over exaggeration on what was actually said.

Around the Network

Like the one about the nudity.
Does that really go on?

You would be surprised what goes on. Microsoft should keep on bringing down the Ban Hammer, get rid of all the idiots

"According to Stephen if you get caught hacking or phishing online now you will be banned from Xbox Live as well as your console receiving a life long ban and any other console you have used will also be included in that ban*"

thats a really bad move...
what if a hacker used his friend's xbox ? and what if like you said he sold his xbox ?

CaptDS9E said:
You would be surprised what goes on. Microsoft should keep on bringing down the Ban Hammer, get rid of all the idiots

Agreed, no one needs that sort of vulgarity on display.

Around the Network

if a person is doing these things on a "friend"s console...hes not really a very good friend.

if the person sells it to a store, then the store is responsible for it. they should make sure they work fully before re-selling them

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

hahaha

people could just trade in the banned 360 or could go to an enemies house and say a bad word and get a life ban!

Genius!

FootballFan said:
hahaha

people could just trade in the banned 360 or could go to an enemies house and say a bad word and get a life ban!

Genius!

People have enemies? LOL.  You might should take a step back from gaming.

Yeah and they will never come back since making an account isn't free. They should also ban there xbox 360 to so they have to buy a new one.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

FootballFan said:
hahaha

Genius!

I'm not sure I have any enemies, but assuming I did, I doubt they would invite me over to play on their 360s.

Or were you referring to breaking-and-entering?