By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Offset Website Update + Job Search

http://www.projectoffset.com/

The guys on Project Offset have updated their website. Seems it is coming along nicely.

Here is an overview of the game they are making with their own engine.

Game Overview

Project Offset is the very pinnacle of epic fantasy warfare: A class-based union of visceral, close-quarters melee and long-ranged shooter combat set against the backdrop of cataclysmic war. Features in the game include:

• An engaging single player adventure, experienced through the perspectives of multiple heroes from two warring factions and an extensive online component to continue the war alongside or against other players
  • Two ferocious armies, composed of culturally diverse races and classes, providing unique play experiences with different abilities, weaponry and tactics
  • Ridable war beasts such as Siege Trolls, ferocious Lizards and charging Battle Boars
  • Objective-based multiplayer combat that focuses on capturing, constructing and destroying key points throughout the battlefield as well additional game modes to extend the mayhem
  • Breathtaking visuals powered by the bleeding edge technology of the Offset Engine; Life-like characters and environments, brilliant lighting effects, rock-solid network code and physics.

Also of note, in their job section they are searching for an Xbox 360 programmer to handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360. Seems their game may come to the 360, which is good news.

There are a few videos of their engine in action if you wish to check them out: http://www.projectoffset.com/videos.php

Around the Network

I always thought this was confirmed for PC/360/PS3 but after your post I checked and it was only originally announced for PC although they mentioned that they wanted to bring it to next generation consoles as well. It's good to see that it's likely coming to the 360.

wow. nice pic.

Project Offset doesn't look as impressive as it used to. :(

I see...it got delayed because of consoles...

Superchunk, there's some EXCELLENT high-res videos showing off some of the models and technology ingame...

I'm pretty sure I saw this stuff before anything of Crysis...it was definitely the best looking PC game ever...I'm not sold on the game though...have to see more of actual gameplay.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Wow I must say I really like the art style in this game... best since Baldurs Gate 2, if they can translate this into the game it will look great... hope it turnes out well, would be cool if it made it out in 08.