By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VIDEOS of new SCEA PS3 Ads

Posted from the PlayStation US Blog:

It Only Does Everything<------Here is link

Posted by Peter Dille // Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

I’m excited today to unveil our brand new ad campaign for PlayStation 3. This year is going to be a game-changing year for PlayStation. Last week, we extended an incredible value proposition with the $299 price move and the introduction of a sleek new form factor for the 120 GB PS3. We’ve coupled this news with a truly unmatched content line up this year with some of the most eagerly anticipated games in our history. But this is just half the story. Today we are laying down the final puzzle piece with a new marketing campaign for the PS3 and the introduction of its new tagline, “It Only Does Everything.”

You may remember our MLB ad from earlier this year where we introduced Dustin Pedroia’s “Dear PlayStation” spot and our resident PlayStation expert Kevin Butler. These new ads, created by our partners at Deutsch LA, birthed a new campaign in which we will have direct conversations with consumers about everything the PS3 can do. And as you’ll see below, “It Only Does Everything.”

We know many of you would agree that the PS3 is an unrivaled gaming console. It’s also the best Blu-ray player on the market. And most of you are probably aware that you can now download more than 2,000 movies without even leaving your couch. However, we recognize there are still many consumers who may not be aware of how powerful the PS3 truly is. So we’ve tailored this campaign a bit differently to extend our reach and PS3 family.

From now through the holiday season, you’ll see and hear about all the broad features and benefits this amazing device has to offer across multiple media including TV, radio, online, retail and social networking outlets. A total of 9 TV spots will roll out throughout the holiday, each highlighting a different benefit and feature of the PS3. So whether you’re a hardcore gamer or a Blu-ray enthusiast, you will have something to takeaway from these ads.

We’re kick starting the campaign with a TV spot highlighting the new $299 price point on September 1. But for you, our loyal fans, here’s an official sneak peak.

It’s a fully integrated campaign that seamlessly intertwines hardware, gaming and PlayStation Network benefits under one umbrella, each with a dose of our own irreverent humor. We knew you’d want more than just one peek, so here’s a spot in which Kevin commiserates with a consumer about getting her boyfriend to get his PS3 connected to the PlayStation Network. Enjoy!

We look forward to your feedback and continued excitement, for what will be a truly great holiday and year for PlayStation. There’s more to come, so stay tuned.

Thanks,
Peter Dille

Around the Network

no one interested?

post a link to the advertisement

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Are these videos wigging out for anybody else on the playstation blog website? They keep reloading or something for me. It's almost impossible to watch them.

It's great that they have started advertisement for real. It's well needed, and I hope this'll convince families to buy one. Since it's a great console, for the whole family.

Where's the vidoe by the way? I would like to see it :)

edit: video came up as I wrote this reply lol :)

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

Around the Network

looks Nice, liked the first one.

How did you get the vids to work Illegal

Yeah the first one was good, the second.. well not quite good, but still good :)

Currently Playing: Uncharted 2 & Kingdom Hearts 2
2010 Predictions: Click Me

Games on my "Must Buy" List:

Diablo III (PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

so where are the videos?

Edit: As an internet forum reading otaku add number one is quite hilarious. Not so sure about number 2 but since they have 8 spots I think if at least half are golden and spammed enough Sony could be on to a stellar holiday season.

Erm they seem really cheap lol

And aint they like saying oh the PS3 is for big geeky fat males?
thats what i get from the comercial

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st