By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Flowerworks on WiiWare, coming soon...

Just a little VG exclusive:

We'll have the official press release/news out for this in a week or so, but just wanted to let everyone know that Flowerworks (brand new action/adventure IP from Nocturnal) is coming to WiiWare.

What's more, we have just finished the WiiWare development - so its done, the game is now 100% complete - and looks amazing :)

If all goes to plan, it should be released on WiiWare (US only for now) in around 4-6 weeks.

Stay tuned...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

cool. Any more tidbits you can offer up, like pics or gameplay scenario?

superchunk said:
cool. Any more tidbits you can offer up, like pics or gameplay scenario?

It looks identical to the PC version, just running at TV res.

Runs at 60fps, supports 480p (looks sweet), has about 20hrs gameplay (10 to reach 'end', 20 to master it).

Adventure mode, Quick-play (with 3 diff settings), Tutorial.

The adventure mode has you explore a fairly large world. NPCs, powerups, signs (back-story), coins to collect.

50 levels in adventure mode, each has you growing flowers/launching fireworks, with a 5-star ranking system (for each).

Wii Remote controls only, controls really nicely - spent a lot of time making the menus play nice, and its very pick-up-and-play.

Its an unusual mix - it might appear to be a 'kiddie game' (all family friendly, no blood or death, etc) - but its actually pretty hard/hard-core. I think the core Ninty crowd will really like it.

I'll post some pics when I get home.

- Shams

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Wow, Shams! In didn't know you still posted here. How is life been going for ya?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Wow, Shams! In didn't know you still posted here. How is life been going for ya?

Busy :)

Apart from work, now have a son who is under 2 months old. Not much time for VG these days...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Around the Network

Congrats shams, must be great news for the company your working in.

Hopefully it sells very well

BTW, any news on a EU/UK release date on wii ware?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I have setup a photo album for shots from the game. I'll add to it over time...

http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2729

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

darthdevidem01 said:
Congrats shams, must be great news for the company your working in.

Hopefully it sells very well

BTW, any news on a EU/UK release date on wii ware?

We definitely want to release it in Europe - but its going to take a while. The game has quite a bit of text in it, and doing a proper translation will be a challenge for all the languages.

Also want to release it in Australia...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

How many points?

could you post some gameplay footage on here closer to release (if you can't show any yet)? i'm interested in this game, but i wanna see how it's played.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.