By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

A big drop but I actually predicted a little lower. The PS3 needs some new games in Japan now.

http://edge-online.com/news/japan-weekly-ps3-sales-drop-to-57000

Around the Network

Wow, massive drop. It'll probably be sub-30k next week. 

Bad Wii and PSP sales too. 

DS remains a monster. 

I was expecting much lower sale for Japan, especially since the massive first week and announcement of FFXIII for December, lots of people would wait for the bundles.

Hmm I was expection 60k-70k but hey 3k more and I was spot on!!!!

Soundwave said:

Wow, massive drop. It'll probably be sub-30k next week. 

Bad Wii and PSP sales too. 

DS remains a monster. 

I think the PS3 will sale more than 57k next week. It's the release of ToV which seems to be pretty big over there.

Edit: The 360 sold 19k more the week ToV came out so we can't expect less with the PS3. It went from 6k to 25K.

Around the Network

57k is alot more then what i expected for Japan. Usually everything goes to the bargain-bin after the 2nd week lol jk.

..im sure there'll be another massive boost for when FFXIII & GT5 comes out.

That's about what you'd expect. Now the question is will Tales sell to the current install base only, or drive a noticeable bump next week? I'm assuming a modest bump only, arriving so close to the Slim.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Still good numbers for ps3. With the release of ToV slim sales will remain high.

Big drop, but I believed same numbers (or about 70-80k) next week with ToV release.
This is very good sales for PS3.

ps3 will remain high , any low dips will be compensated later with ff13 release

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...