By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal Ricochet lags and has jittering.

Original IGN article here

"It does take a few moments to get used to Natal. There is a small amount of lag between when you think you're starting to move and when the avatar on the screen actually does move. Swiping at a ball just before it goes by you will just make you look silly. And if you try to stand perfectly still, you'll notice a little bit of a jittery motion on the avatar."

What do you think?

Game issues in need to be polished and/or Natal 30 fps (at maximum) motion tracking is showing some limitatios to fast movements?

Around the Network

Way too early for these judgements. Wait until Natal is near release to criticize or praise.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Next gen = Welcome to lag gaming?

Wii mote is 100% accurate afterall right?

Way too early before release to be thinking about lag.

So Ricochet and Natal are in final build state and are ready to be released?

Around the Network

I'm guessing they'll iron out the lag issue before release. The rest of the article sounds quite positive.

Doomed.

@ the whinners

I don't recall having any lag on beta build of Wii Sports or in the PS3 Wand first beta demonstration. The game should be already free on this lag and jittering, but yeah, it can be just a bad use of the Natal capabilities. Or maybe not.

kowenicki said:
or maybe you are just having a dig....

Nope. IGN had.

Well Natal still has plenty of time, i think is good feedback that MS can work on and perfect before release.