By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Demon's Souls hits 90 on Metacritic: From and Atlus fans rejoice!

Couldn't resist...   It's been teetering on the brink at 89 for days now, and someone (possibly the Edge review?) put it over the top today.  Doesn't make it a better or worse game, of course, but the coveted 90+ status could help sales on a fairly low profile game.  It won't last of course, but maybe it can hold on for a little while.

Anyway, this thread is for all my DS brothers who played the Asian version with me and went around saying "Damn, this game is good."

Cheers!

Current count: 31 reviews

Average: 90

Around the Network

WTF?!? That's odd. I checked it out after the EDGE review and saw that it was already posted on Metacritic and had 30 reviews and it was still 89. Now it's at 90 and no score has been added since the last time I checked, hmm. In fact, I did the math and came to the conclusion that it WONT get to 90 (as well as Uncharted 2 not making it to 98). Oh well, I planned on buying this game regardless of score.

Awesome, I can't wait to get home and play it :D

My copy is sitting at home calling me.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wow, I'm pretty surprised by this, I thought this was destined for 80's, mid 80's at the highest.

Good to see that there's still an appreciation for hard games and innovation in a tired genre (RPG's).

Around the Network

Asked me about this months ago and I would have said something like "Nah, this game will get slammed by reviewers. It's too niche."

Well done, From Software.

4 ≈ One

SnakeEyez said:
WTF?!? That's odd. I checked it out after the EDGE review and saw that it was already posted on Metacritic and had 30 reviews and it was still 89. Now it's at 90 and no score has been added since the last time I checked, hmm. In fact, I did the math and came to the conclusion that it WONT get to 90 (as well as Uncharted 2 not making it to 98). Oh well, I planned on buying this game regardless of score.

Different reviewers affect the overall score differently (i.e. the score is weighted, so IGN reviews impact the score more than the newest, most untested reviewer metacritic has decided to include in its listings).

I bet they have 2 steps in their update process, where first they'll upload the EDGE score to the list, and then they (or some algorithm) will apply their formula and find a new aggregate score.

Congrats to the game, and to From Software/ Atlus.

This is the 4th exclusive AAA PS3 game this year so far, if it keeps the 90

Carl2291 said:

how many have wii and 360 had

mM
leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:

how many have wii and 360 had

Going by Metacritic...

Wii- 1 (Metroid Prime Trilogy)

360- 1 (GTA: Lost and Damned)