By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fifa 10 is fastest selling sports game ever

Electronic Arts has said that FIFA 10 has become the fastest-selling sports game of all time, with 1.7 million units sold in its first week.

The game is EA's biggest European launch to date, with over 10 million online matches played and over 155,000 users online simultaneously during peak periods.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/fifa-10-becomes-fastest-selling-sports-game-ever

This is pretty impressive and well deserved, the game is great (although we don't now exactly how good PES will be until it's out), and should be a positive sign for the industry as a whole.

Around the Network

VGChartz said that 4 days ago.

God I love football.

I wants some Combat Football... US or other doesn't matter to me...

Its odd that Fifa sale are increasing in such drastic numbers while EA's other staple (Madden) saw a yearly decline? I guess European football fanatic is more hardcore than Amercian :P

Around the Network

i's not european football... it's football, fuBball, Futebol, calcio.... it's the national sport of the world, it's all but normal that as consoles leave the confines of JP/US in marketshare, so do the sports move from baseball/USfootball/Nascar to Football/F1. Hockey could increase too as eastern europe are more fan of that than football... but their market share is quite low as of yet.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

um Wii SPORTS, no?

Hephaestos said:
i's not european football... it's football, fuBball, Futebol, calcio.... it's the national sport of the world, it's all but normal that as consoles leave the confines of JP/US in marketshare, so do the sports move from baseball/USfootball/Nascar to Football/F1. Hockey could increase too as eastern europe are more fan of that than football... but their market share is quite low as of yet.

I think the game was ony released in PAL...so hence the European reference...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Erisian said:
um Wii SPORTS, no?

I don't think it sold anywhere close to 1.7m first week.

Hephaestos said:

mibuokami said:
Its odd that Fifa sale are increasing in such drastic numbers while EA's other staple (Madden) saw a yearly decline? I guess European football fanatic is more hardcore than Amercian :P

----

European football FANATIC - you missed out on the last crucial part buddy.

European football fanatic = football fanboy

American football fanatic = gridiron fanboy

Don't pick on half a quote :P