By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Minor Complaint/Suggestion Thread (Updates continuously listed in Original Post)

For website complaints/bugs/suggestions too small and insignificant to warrant their own thread.

Here's mine: When posting on somebody's wall, the £ and € symbols show up as question marks inside diamonds. Could you fix this?

And also, could we have the "Games" button on the top bar back, please?

Sorry Kantor, I'm gonna hijack your thread and keep the list of items updated, here at the top of the thread:

Items fixed:

1) Strange characters appearing on walls and in comment display when using characters like £ and € - this is related to anything 'ajax' on the site. Fix has been implemented awhile ago, but needs to be continually applied on an 'as discovered' basis.

2) Active IM user total added to top right online member count

3) Ability to adjust forum times to current timezone - you can go to 'edit profile' and find the drop-down box allowing you to adjust the posting times in the forums. Various other areas on the site will need to be adjusted to correct this, but for now - at least the forums are straight.

4) Hide 'signature' when utilizing 'view post' feature if sigs have been disabled - this has been corrected

5) Codes/Tags/Ids will not display on your profile page if you haven't added any codes

6) Game Collection stats will not display on your profile if you haven't added any games

7) Pictures in albums will display 'title' underneath picture

8) Adjusted headings on the 'board view' page

9) Added the ability to 'hide' your profile - you can go to 'edit profile' and find the drop-down box allowing you to adjust profile access. Set it to 'Everyone', 'Registered Users', 'Friends', or 'Nobody'

10) You can sort profile lookups by 'post count'

11) Corrected the counts on this page when searching for users

12) Updated Sony 'Trophy' images to more official pictures

13) Shuffled things around in Edit Profile to make things a litte more 'logical'

14) Fixed bug on profile lookup so it returns the correct number of matches found

15) Added 'tool tips' to long titles under Hot Topics on front page

16) Added drop-down to game collection pages to filter by console

17) Fixed error on 'my games' page with no boxart games

18) Fixed long comments 'breaking' user wall

19) Added an 'edit' checkbox to the 'my games' display in the profiles to decrease loading time on that page

20) Added 'tool tip' to Hot Topics menu in forums which will display number of 'new' posts if applicable

21) 'Page' the related news articles on game page

22) Default 'release date' year to current year

23) Linked the 'system tags' that display in forums to take you directly to user's game collection

24) 'recent posts' in profile allows for filtering by posts created by user

25) Fixed coloring for boxart, screenshot, and photo uploads so text in field displays

26) Upped Prediction League allowed sales range

27) Fixed 'view counting' on User Reviews

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I hereby erase this comment, as it didn't fit the thread's topic. It would only misguide people.

Consider it erased.

Could we post how many people are in IM in the upper right near where we have number of users logged in, and maybe have it's own high score.

Well my complaint over the box arts is nearly over

I want to be able to set my clock to "America" time.

Around the Network

could we have more FF13 hype please?

in other news:

Can we have the option to go back to the original site colours Blue & white? Its just easier for the eyes

otherwise

I can't COPY or PASTE using the right click button whenever I post in "rich text"/Quote someone!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

You must use Firefox, Darth. I had that same problem.

Internet explorer cannot open this page...then it shows a whole bunch of numbers mixed with letters... then I get sent into the Internet explorer cannot show this website... of course that only happens when Im least expecting it :/

• I want the post times to match my timezone.
  • I want "View Post" to not show the signature of the poster when I have signatures turned off.
  • I want the Edit Friendlist/Add Friend pages to look like the main friendlist page with multiple columns of people.
  • I want the Codes/ID/Tags heading in my profile to not appear when I have none of those entered in my information.
  • I want the "Game Collection Stats" heading in my profile to not appear when I have no games in my collection.
  • I want pictures in my album to actually display their Title next to them instead of just on-hover.
  • I want to go back to the post I just edited instead of the top of the thread.
  • I want stickied topics that haven't been used for more than 2 months to be unstickied.
  • I want different icons for threads that show threads I have/have not posted in.
  • I want threads in my "Hot Topics" to take me to my last post in the thread so I can pick up reading the thread where I left off.
  • I want a Spam forum (different from off-topic) where your post count doesn't increase and where we can put all those "XYZ the person above/below you" threads.
  • I want the ability to toggle the forum theme from grey/orange to blue/white.
  • I want the headings of the view thread list (Thread, Starter, Posts, Views, Last Post) to be aligned in a way that matches the items below them.
  • I want there to be a "Title" heading over the thread titles column.  It's weird that all the other columns have headings and this one doesn't.
  • I want something to prevent people from raising 2 month old threads.  If we're going to warn people for doing it, why allow it anyway?
  • I want the vgChartz IM to not break (lose track of the correct line to scroll to) after excessive use of Smileys/Emoticons.
  • I want to add IM people to chat with that aren't on my friendslist in the IM.

Talon is my hero!