By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Whoa, did the numbers just change a bunch?

Wii at 13.49 mil? Ect

What's goin on? 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

oops, doubles...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Yeah the numbers just changed big time, I was curious about that as well.

yes........it seems we just adjusted numbers to what each console manufacturer stated? i thought that they counted by sold to retailers, not customers

it boosted all 3 though......well kinda, ps3 got a .12 mil boost, 360 a .2 mill boost, and wii a .7 mil boost? how the hell?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Yea I noticed that too. Could've shown the wii just jumped 700k units or so. Only thing I can think of is that new they were changed due to the Financial information just put out by Nintendo. Maybe that gives us a better and more accurate idea of what Wii sales have been. I think VGChartz has been undertracking the Wii as of late, so those numbers could be correct.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I'm curious as to ioi's explanation for the changes. I'm sure he has good reason, just wondering what it is.

Yeah it seems to have benefited Nintendo most. Ps3 is now less than 17% and the 360 has dropped to under 40% of the market. If these numbers are more accurate Nintendo is pulling farther ahead than we originally thought.

The_vagabond7 said:
I'm curious as to ioi's explanation for the changes. I'm sure he has good reason, just wondering what it is.

I remember hearing recently that Sony switched to using number sold to consumers on their reports and I figured Nintendo hado always done that Microsoft... I just don't know what they do.

Yah I saw that too, maybe they caught up with some sells :P there is always a logic explanation.

Actually, im curious, it seems the weeks numbers changed also?
i could be wrong, but 112k in others for wii

WTF, thats HUGE

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.