By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNREAL TALK: SUPER SPECIAL NINTENDO EDITION!

+ 

Welcome to UNREAL TALK: Super Special NINTENDO Edition. In this episode we will talk about games for the Wii. Also, we will have an interview with YesWiiCan and Wii_Master

Now some of you may be wondering, wtf why is this douche bag hosting this show? I am hosting this episode because Darth and Kantor went to be and they were begging me to host it after like 40 billion times of begging, I finally agreed to make it.

Nintendo Center

Welcome to our first segment of the show, Nintendo Center, where we will interview YesWiiCan and Wii_Master. Then later on we will talk about some upcoming Wii games.

Okay for our first interview we will interview the one and only YesWiiCan.

YesWiiCan

Me: Welcome YesWiiCan to this Unreal Talk episode.

YWC: Thank you. It's a peasure to be in your presences.

Me: Okay as you know the Wii had a price cut a few weeks ago, along with the PS3, and 360. What do you think each console will do during Black Friday and the month of December?

YWC: Hmm this is a tough answer but for the week of Black Friday Worldwide sales I predict the Wii to sell 1.3 million consoles, PS3 to sell 490k, and 360 to sell 300k. Then for the whole month of December Wii will sell 3.6 million, 360 will do 860k and PS3 will sell 788k.

Me: That's a pretty bold prediction don't you think?

YWC: Yeah, but I know for sure it will be around those numbers.

Me: Moving on, Do you think that the Wii had a great line up this year?

YWC: Of course, with games like Madworld, The Conduit, Punch Out, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Little King Story, Wii Sports Resort, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:Reflex, Resident Evil:DSC, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc. This is an awesome line up and there are still some more games to come in 2009. Also, 2010 will be a great year for the Wii.

Me: Why are 3rd party games on Wii not selling as well as they're counterparts on PS3/360? They just can't meet Nintendo's numbers.

YWC: Well, games like The Beatles:Rock Band started on PS360 quite strong but the rest of the holiday seems to be all Nintendo. Then there are games like Dead Space:Extraction which got great reviews but I would of liked to see more adverstise for it.

Me: Nintendo just announced the Nintendo DSi XL. Will you buy and and what are you thoughts on it?

YWC: I might buy it depending on price. I think it's a cool with a 4 inch screen but I think Nintendo just wants money now. If they wanted to have a 4 inch screen they should of put it in at the beginning. Sure it might be good for the people with bad eye sight but couldn't they just use a magniflying glass?

Me: Thank you for being here today.

YWC: No problem I enjoyed it :D.

For the next interview we will interview Wii_Master.

Wii_Master

Me :Which games are you excited for 2010?

WM: Monster Hunter Tri because I absolutely love the series and i love RPG's. I really want Metroid Other M because everyone is praising the metroid series and I haven't played the Prime version Prime 1 2 or 3 so I will also be getting the Trilogy with Other M. I am also excited for Super Mario Galaxy 2 because SMG = Best Game this gen, sry Ocarina of Time takes first place for all time best. I am excited about Red Steel 2 because it is going to support Wii Motion Plus and the screens so far look amazing.

Me: Why do you think 3rd party games don't sell very well on Wii as on PS3/360?

WM: Well firstly 3rd parties don't put as much effort into the Wii versions most of the time. Recently more and more third parties have been putting effort but some are still having trouble with Wii Remote and the lack of HD Graphics so for example MW2 didn't come on the Wii instead they made the Reflex. There is still less 3rd party support and Nintendo games overshadow most 3rd party games due to the fact that Nintendo makes absolutely games and puts lots of effort.

Me: Would you rather get a PS3 or a Xbox 360?

WM: I would get a PS3 because more games that interest me from the 2 consoles are on the PS3 like LBP which is similar to Mario and then GT5 over shadows Forza 3. I am a big fan of Platformers too so LBP is good. At the same time however the only games for the 360 that interest me are Fable and Halo.

Me: I heard you pre-ordered a game for the first time. Which game? Also, why haven't you pre-ordered any other games?

WM: New Super Mario Bros Wi. It is my most anticipated game of all time in my history of playing video games. I here am one of the biggest fans of NSMBWii. I haven't pre-ordered any other games because firstly I don't buy games of the Internet and then if I pre-Order from the store, Then I have to pay $10. I think these are Canadian Rules.

Me: Why did you decide to join VGChartz?

WM: I decided to join VGChartz as I saw the site was very friendly and the site has cool things like news articles, sales chartz plus weekly sales chartz and e forums were cool. So I kept on coming everyday as a guest but then after NSMBWii was announced and there was a article on it, I decided I want to put my opinion on it so I decided to join.

Me: Thanks for the interview.

WM: Your welcome, thanks for having me.

Wii Games

New Super Mario Bros. Wii will come out November 15th. This game will be great because not only is it a 2D platformer everyone has been waiting for it will also feature a 4 player multiplayer.

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles will come out November 17, 2009. It will be an on-rails shooter and will retell the events that happened in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will be similar to an original plot where Harry Mason searches for his daughter when she disappear in a car accident in this mysterious town called Silent Hill. If you liked the original you should buy this game.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition just released yesterday Novermber 10, 2009. It will have the same plot as COD4 for the 360/PS3/PC version that released in 2007 and will also feature an online mode. Wii owners who did not play COD4 yet should pick up this game

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers will release in the US on December 26, 2009. It is a sequel to the orignal Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles that launched on the Gamecube. People should buy this because it is a ground up Final Fantasy game made exclusively for the Wii

DS Games

The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Phatom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda: Spirited Tracks will be released on December 7th, 2009. The setting takes place 100 years after Phatom Hourglass. Link is an apprentice enigeer for the royal railroads and hoping to become a full fledged rail tycoon. This should be a must buy because it's Zelda!!

Scribblenauts is a puzzle game where you write a word and it pops up to help to solve the puzzle. It released in September 15, 2009. Everyone should own this game because it's has a very unique gameplay

Mario and Luigi: Browser's Inside Story is part of the famous Mario and Luigi RPG series. It was released on September 14, 2009. You should get this game because it's Mario!

Minigames

Where's Waldo?

WINNER: EURHORIA14

Find Waldo, Copy the picture and circle him.

Name that Character!

1.      ANSWER: PIGMA

WINNER: KILLERYOSHIS, SMOKEDHOSTAGE, MR KHAN

2. ANSWER: LUDWIG

WINNER: SMOKEDHOSTAGE, MR KHAN

3.  ANSWER: 9-BIT

WINNER: SMOKEDHOSTAGE

4.   ANSWER - MALON

WINNER: SMOKEDHOSTAGE, MR KHAN

Who is hotter?

VS  

Zero Suit Samus    - 2                                            Lara Croft - 0

What did he say?

What do you think he said?

Odd one out

There are 4 things different from the 1st picture and 2nd picture. Find it!

Poll

Your title
Out of 5, 1 being the worst, 5 being the best, how good was this episode?
1 out of 5
2 out of 5
3 out of 5
4 out of 5
5 out of 5
--->

Around the Network

So, what do I win?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

^ you win a free copy of Modern Warfare 2

YesWiiCan said:

But that's not fair for him Modern Warfare 2 is not on Wii.

"we will have an interview with YesWiiCan"

did u interview yourself??

Around the Network
YesWiiCan said:

Send me PS3 version.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"Me: Nintendo just announced the Nintendo DSi XL. Will you buy and and what are you thoughts on it?

Me: Thank you for being here today."

Why didn't you answer yourself? You had a valid question...

LoL. Good job.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

The first picture is Pigma

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I wish someone would have an interview with me.

Pixel Art can be fun.