By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Left 4 Dead 2 hits 2 million sales.

Left 4 Dead 2 hits 2m sales

Sequel has already shifted the twice the number of copies sold by its predecessor

Valve’s multiplayer online zombie shooter Left 4 Dead 2 has officially passed the 2m global sales mark after just two weeks on the market, the developer has revealed.

Sales of the game are already double to the total sales of its predecessor, Left 4 Dead. Additionally, Valve has confirmed that the game has been played by over 1m Xbox Live Gold account members.

“Left 4 Dead 2 is off to a great start with strong support at retail and great reviews from the press,” Valve’s VP of marketing Doug Lombardi stated.

Valve also promises that news of the game’s first DLC will be announced shortly.

Around the Network

including PC sales?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93946&page=1

already posted. But good job L4D2. Valve is amazing!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

So, it's basically selling a lot better than Uncharted 2 did, yet of course it's sales success is mostly ignored here, I wonder why...

Around the Network

Uncharted has nothing to do with this thread, newbie. That's what you call trolling.

Anyways great job, it looks like a fun game.

newbie3 said:
So, it's basically selling a lot better than Uncharted 2 did, yet of course it's sales success is mostly ignored here, I wonder why...

Exclusives seem to garner more attention in general than multiplatform games. There are exceptions, but most actual gameplay discussion on vgc is for exclusive games. This may be because official threads are divided by platform for exclusives, or may simply be because exclusives are generally of higher quality or are more hyped by the fanbase, while offical threads for multiplats are made in the gaming forum and don't seem to be visted. I agree that L4D2 has been largely ignored. We do have a relatively small population of x360 and pc gamers compared to Wii and PS3 owners, but I don't think that explains it all.

I would say that some x360 owners are less inclined to discuss multiplatform (PC/X360) games now that they are no longer able to call them exclusive. Previously, games that were PC/360 could be called "exclusive" by x360 owners and they tended to gravitate towards those games, not unlike how ps3 only owners gravitate towards any ps3 exclusive that looks semi-decent. We seemed to have a fair number of people who enjoyed the original L4D here, but very very few who want to actually discuss the game.

Other multiplats like borderlands (despite great x360 sales) seems to have suffered the same fate being largely ignored by the VGC population for whatever reason.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

newbie3 said:

Week #1 - Sales

=============

Call of duty MW2 = 7,800,000

Halo ODST = 2,200,000

Fifa Soccer 2010 = 1,300,000

New Super Mario Brothers = 1,250,000

Assassin's Creed II = 1,500,000

Uncharted 2 = 840,000

Left 4 Dead 2 = 680,000

What is the real game of the year?

TripleChix, your L4D2 figure conveniently leaves out PC sales, for which we can't really know the sales.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

coolestguyever said:
Uncharted has nothing to do with this thread, newbie. That's what you call trolling.

Anyways great job, it looks like a fun game.

So what, you can't talk about a 360 exclusive without some ******* bring up KZ2 or Uncharted or GT. 

Trolls are allowed to disrupt threads pimping ps franchises so it goes both ways.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).