By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yahoo!: Don't buy a PS3 for Christmas because of dead battery.

http://customsites.yahoo.com/financiallyfit/finance/article-108318-3394-3-gifts-you-may-want-to-avoid-html?ywaad=ad0035

This one had me scratching my head. According to the article the PS3 controller battery can die and then you have to buy a new one? It doesn't even mention its recharchagble. I have never heard of this problem and wondering if any of you have?

Sony PlayStation 3

It's all fun and games until the battery dies. Unlike its competitors, which use replaceable AA batteries, the PS3's remote control is glued shut. When the battery goes, Sony customers have to blow $55 on a new controller. Sony says there's an "environmental benefit" since gamers don't have to toss their batteries on a regular basis, but Isidor Buchmann, president of battery-equipment maker Cadex Electronics, says captive batteries are becoming common because it's cheaper for companies to eliminate the battery housing and hatch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

lol why are Yahoo so anti PS3!

Is this serious?

..............................you have to be fucking kidding me

mM

wow, that is poorly written article. This is why yahoo sucks lately. They don't even bother trying anymore.

Around the Network

Wow, that's some of the biggest fail ever.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Can I sue them for mentally harassing my dogs favorite toy?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

What do those yahoos know? Hur hur hur ima eat mah sqe-rul tonite fo suppa.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Thats is just stupid

News flash dont by PC's because the cmos battery cab run out. Then you have to buy a new battery but you wont know how to do it because PC's are complicated so you will have to purchase a new one.

So freaking stupid.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Imagine if that article stopped someone buying a PS3... lol