By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Worldwide) New Super Mario Bros. Wii has outsold PS3's Call of Duty: MW2

Yes, The PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2 has been outsold by New Super Mario Bros. Wii by approximately 340,000 units.  Not quite outselling the 360 version of Modern Warfare as Reggie Fils-Aime said but still quite a milestone and a testament to the selling power of Mario.

Comments?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I thought Reggie was talking about the DS version of MW2.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I think it's quite funny but yet amazing that NSMBWii has sold over 5 million in so little time. Well done to the plumber.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Mario is like unto a God.

dolemit3 said:
I thought Reggie was talking about the DS version of MW2.

He did say one platform, then he got more specific and said the 360 version.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

sheesh, people screw up the Reggie thing so badly (myself included). It was 1 version of MW2 (not specified) in the US only.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
sheesh, people screw up the Reggie thing so badly (myself included). It was 1 version of MW2 (not specified) in the US only.

There's a reason why the title says "(Worldwide)."

Pixel Art can be fun.

That's pretty cool, but it's not really relevant to Reggie's bet.

@Nordlead: He was asked if he meant the 360 version, and he said he did. USA only though.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Machina said:
nordlead said:

I haven't checked, but I get the impression that Reggie never mentions a version (just 1 version, like you say), but the guy interviewing him only ever mentions the 360 version, and since Reggie agreed to the bet after that the inference is that the bet was over the 360 version. Course this confusion allows both sides an easy get out if they lose one side of the bet but win the other ;)

The text quoted in the article linked above says only 1 version, with NPD through January. I haven't seen the whole interview, but I also heard from a lot of people that the interviewer tried to get him to commit to the X360 version, but he kept on refusing.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)