By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Q1: Biggest line up in the history of the console

Yes the somewhat vulgar title speaks for itself. Looking at the upcoming games list for the Playstation 3, it seems this year may be an even bigger year for the ps3 gaming wise, and Q1 2010 is showing to be one of the biggest openers potentially in PS3 history:

Darksiders: Reviews are in, and critics claim this to be one of the best action games on the ps3 to date. Scoring in the high 80S on metacritic, DARKSIDERS has just released on the PS3/360/PC, and clearly its got some amazing gameplay to follow up to its name.

Star Ocean The last hope, the re release of this game with supposed "upgraded" features, and extra content is coming to the PS3 IN FEBRUARY. This is just one of the HUGE RPG releases for the PS3 in 2010, and believe it or not, this may be the smallest one out of the RPGs.

Dante's inferno: Wait what? YES ANOTHER POTENTIAL AAA ACTION GAME IS COMING OUT IN FEBRUARY FOR THE PS3/360/PSP/PC, this is just one of many potentailly huge ip coming out.

MAG: PS3 exclusive, this game is expected to change the way multiplayer games are played, with a full scale strategic 256 PLAYER battle field, its clear this is just another ip that could drag in shooter fans towards the PS3, this game releases in the end of JANUARY.

White knight chronicles: Wait whattt?? Yes LEVEL 5's hyped up JRPG is finally releasing in the WEST, exclusive to ps3, WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES ADDS ANOTHER HUGE RPG to the PS3s library, and releases EARLY FEBRUARY.

Bioshock 2: Did you even see thsic oming? GAME OF THE YEAR 2007's sequel BIOSHOCK 2 is releasing on PS3/360/PC in FEBRUARY. Yes folks, this likely AAA franchise is headed to the ps3 once again, and is going to add yet another huge title to the PS3's Q1 line up.

The mysterious shooter "AVP" is releasing in mid FEBRUARY for ps3/360, the game is expected to be one of the best horror/survival alien shooters since Resistance fall of man.

Heavy Rain: PS3 exclusive heavy rain is a game that I BELIEVE WILL INTRODUCE A NEW GENRE OF GAMING, AND POTENTIALLY COULD END UP BEING GAME OF THE GENERATION. Yes, one of the only games which will bring pure innovation this generation is coming LATE FEBRUARY to the PS3. Q1 is just getting started folks.

Battlefield 2 bad company: The game that EA believes will rival if not SURPASS MODERN WARFARE 2, is coming this Quarter for PS3 and XBOX 360. This game adds another potential AAA gem for the PS3's line up, and is one that is to be watched.

MLB 10: For the first time in history, MLB the show will release only on the PS3. Not only that, but this game is expected to surpass MLB 9 THE SHOW, which was considered one of the best sports games last year, and BY FAR THE BEST BASEBALL GAME ON ANY CONSOLE THIS GEN. MLB 10, is another likely AAA ip for the ps3's Q1 line up.

VGC users have hyped it to be one of the best and most innovative JRPG's of the generation, coming early MARCH near the end of Q1 2010, this game is expected to add another huge JRPG to the ps3 and 360's library in 2010.

FINAL FANTASY XIII: THE BIGGEST JRPG SERIES IN GAMING IS RELEASING ON THE PS3 FINALLY. THE GAME IS EXPECTED TO TOP SALES RECORDS (SQUARE ENIX) and is already said to be one of the most UNIQUE FF EXPERIENCES YET. POTENTIALLY RELEASING IN FEBRUARY, but scheduled for MARCH. FF XIII is a game to watch as well, and is THE BIGGEST PS3 RELEASE since MGS4.

GOD OF WAR III: Did I just say FF XIII was the biggest ps3 release since MGS4? Well guess what, GOD OF WAR III is the biggest ps3 release since FF XIII.

Quantum theory, the once Exclusive ps3 game, is now releasing late Q1, expect an early April release from this

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, YAKUZA 3 RELEASING IN THE WEST EARLY APRIL ONLY ON PS3 JUST ADDS TO THE LINE UP EVEN MORE DIVERSITY, AND POTENTIALLY ANOTHER AAA IP.

leo-j, all and all its expected to be in my opinion, the best line up the ps3 has received thus far in its life time. I believe that with games like Heavy rain, Final fantasy XIII, God of war, and MAG, the ps3 will see a huge look at from gamers. Uncharted 2 was just the beginning my friends, ps3's gaming holiday has just begun.

mM
Around the Network

hmm. only getting FFXIII and yakuza

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

inb4 only one of those games interest me lol,

OT: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

I'm obviously missing games, but I only picked what I believe could end up being quality games.

mM

Only getting the RPGs

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Getting mag gow3 heavy rain wkc and that's nis jrpg

Since when was early April Q1?

Can't wait to play God of War 3, Heavy Rain, and Final Fantasy XIII.

Hmm, I don't think so. Unless you're only talking for Q1 release vs other Q1s of other years. They have had bigger quarters than that, GT5 alone will outsell the top 8 from that list most likely.

I originally wanted to say "PS3 Q1 lineup: RPGs finally release"

but eh.. this sounds better

Not only that but, looking at it, I haven't seen a quarter that offered so many high end ip for the ps3..

mM