By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD4 is 600P?!?!?

Its true, the man who found out the true resolution of Halo3 and many other games has  made a post stating that the Native resolution of CoD4 is 600p, Quoted below is his post.

"COD4 X360 = 1024x600p 2xAA again...
COD4 PS3 = 1024x600p 2xAA too...

exactly the same
it's typically a X360 resolution (1024x600 is an anamorphic resolution use strictly on X360 for full the EDRAM) use on a PS3 game, it's strange
this point than COD4 is a "X360 centric" game (the very bad compression of video point this too, or the difficulty to port the texture panel in the two PS3 memory pool)"

Around the Network

Can I get a link?

W29 said:
Can I get a link?

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43330&page=28

Ah who cares. Like it really makes a difference.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

leo-j said:
@darconi

I say what I say because its fact, no I dont own the game.

http://xbox360.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32387.htm

9.5 for graphics on the 360 version, the ps3 version gets a 9.7,

Yes you just got owned http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQQd_EGLnPY

Facts again ps3 version runs at 1080p.

-leo-j

Pasted from another thread.  I wonder if leo-j's gonna show up in this one and claim the same thing.

In a separate note, does this start to imply that resolution isn't all that important?  Everyone saying COD4 looks incredible and yet its not even at true 720p... 

Around the Network

wasn't the developer of cod Infinity Ward? saying they had 60 fps 1080 p?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This is the most photorealistic FPS I've ever played, so I'll echo BenKenobi88: Who cares?

Answer: Only those who were bashing Halo 3 for the same reason (instead of actually playing it).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Griffin said:

Its true, the man who found out the true resolution of Halo3 and many other games has made a post stating that the Native resolution of CoD4 is 600p, Quoted below is his post.

"COD4 X360 = 1024x600p 2xAA again...
COD4 PS3 = 1024x600p 2xAA too...

exactly the same
it's typically a X360 resolution (1024x600 is an anamorphic resolution use strictly on X360 for full the EDRAM) use on a PS3 game, it's strange
this point than COD4 is a "X360 centric" game (the very bad compression of video point this too, or the difficulty to port the texture panel in the two PS3 memory pool)"

So it's not a true HD game, as those attacking Halo 3 claim. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

makingmusic476 said:

From PSU:

It's been a common excuse for underwhelming early PS3 releases, but according to Infinity Ward, the developer of the Call of Duty series, developing the game on the PlayStation 3 was easy.

Many a developer has moaned at the complexity of the code behind sony's next-gen console, but there were no problems for Infinity Ward as they worked on the newly released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

They put their success down to the fact that they do not dedicated more energy to one platform - and in fact spread out resources and split up teams to work on the game across the different platforms.

Prioritising one console over the other has resulted in many games being released earlier on one console, and later on another - with the PS3 release of certain games often coming after the Xbox 360 release.

The developer stated, “There’s obviously some problem with all the delays we’re witnessing. I think it’s just down to allocation of resources. I think maybe people feel that they’re resource strapped and feel a little bit more comfortable working on the Xbox 360 as it’s been out a little longer [than the PS3].”

“We haven’t had any problems [with PS3] and that’s probably because of our development philosophy. We develop content-agnostic so we don’t have a lead platform. We have a team working on each of the different versions and everyone else forms a team who makes the content platform agnostic.”

Lazy devs am confirmed? IW just owned most of EA and many other devs with the awesomeness that is CoD4 running at 60fps on the ps3.

Edit: Changed to original source.

now we know why

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
makingmusic476 said:

From PSU:

It's been a common excuse for underwhelming early PS3 releases, but according to Infinity Ward, the developer of the Call of Duty series, developing the game on the PlayStation 3 was easy.

Many a developer has moaned at the complexity of the code behind sony's next-gen console, but there were no problems for Infinity Ward as they worked on the newly released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

They put their success down to the fact that they do not dedicated more energy to one platform - and in fact spread out resources and split up teams to work on the game across the different platforms.

Prioritising one console over the other has resulted in many games being released earlier on one console, and later on another - with the PS3 release of certain games often coming after the Xbox 360 release.

The developer stated, “There’s obviously some problem with all the delays we’re witnessing. I think it’s just down to allocation of resources. I think maybe people feel that they’re resource strapped and feel a little bit more comfortable working on the Xbox 360 as it’s been out a little longer [than the PS3].”

“We haven’t had any problems [with PS3] and that’s probably because of our development philosophy. We develop content-agnostic so we don’t have a lead platform. We have a team working on each of the different versions and everyone else forms a team who makes the content platform agnostic.”

Lazy devs am confirmed? IW just owned most of EA and many other devs with the awesomeness that is CoD4 running at 60fps on the ps3.

Edit: Changed to original source.

now we know why

I say just run the games at 480p, and just upscale them from there. That would use as little of the frame buffer as possible (and NEITHER system has a particularly large one; not only does the 360 have just the EDRAM, but the PS3 has to share the 256MB of VRAM with the texture buffer).

Then there would be as much room as possible to make the best graphics. You do NOT lose detail, as detail is not in the frams, but the TEXTURES, which would be enhanced by less use of the frame buffer. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs