By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Future of MAG

In an upcoming interview for TheSixthAxis, Ben Jones, Senior Game Designer at Zipper hints that there’s a possibility MAG could see a fourth PMC.

“Players, when they find out what we have planned in terms of future support for MAG in terms of the Shadow War and how that’s going to pan out,” he said, “will be very surprised and excited.”

TheSixthAxis asked Jones whether he was referring to a fourth PMC.  Smiling, he said “You just never know. It could happen.”

Watch out for the full interview later today on TheSixthAxis.

taken from http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/01/29/exclusive-mag-to-get-4th-pmc/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to get some more info about the future changes in the game. Hopefully they announce something cool soon. :)

Around the Network

Are people really playing MAG for the story and setup of the PMCs?

The developers should be focusing on making the experience better and fairer for all players, and making the intention of the gameplay (squad based action with leadership) realised more often rather than individualistic anarchy.

It's like instead of all the fantastic gameplay updates for TF2 you got a third team called GREEN with a whole backstory that took 6 months of development. No one would care.

Soleron said:

Are people really playing MAG for the story and setup of the PMCs?

The developers should be focusing on making the experience better and fairer for all players, and making the intention of the gameplay (squad based action with leadership) realised more often rather than individualistic anarchy.

It's like instead of all the fantastic gameplay updates for TF2 you got a third team called GREEN with a whole backstory that took 6 months of development. No one would care.

You can take a horse to the river, but you can't make it drink - It would be a bad idea to force people to play differently than they want, we could use a less snipers in the game but if they want to do it, then so be it maybe they'll get bored or not over time.

The only thing zipper really can improve is the whole setting, they can make new maps, new weapons, balance the gameplay, but they cannot affect the players.

MAG seems pretty sweet, but I don't have a headset or the money to get one

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Is there a game like MAG on the PC?
This is one of the few shooters I'm very interested in, but I really can't play FPSs with a controller.

Around the Network

What's a PMC? Faction?

Vashyo said:
Soleron said:

The only thing zipper really can improve is the whole setting, they can make new maps, new weapons, balance the gameplay, but they cannot affect the players.

Then the gameplay mechanics need fixing.

The ideal of this game is great and is the only game that's made me consider buying a PS3. But the reality isn't good enough. You can't blame your customers for ruining the game!

Slimebeast said:
What's a PMC? Faction?

Private Military Corporation, they make up the different game factions

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

andremop said:
Is there a game like MAG on the PC?
This is one of the few shooters I'm very interested in, but I really can't play FPSs with a controller.

Planetside, my favorite FPS ever.

MAG has most likley already sold more then the conduit, I don't know if all the people that run there mouth about the game have even played it. MAG is a very good game, better then anything the Wii couid ever pull off, I know the PS3 is not the leading home gym, buy there games are great, MAG is a fun shooter, It runs more like a real time war then any other shooter out there, in MAG if you don't have teamwork then you will not do well, this game is based on teamwork , like war is. So for those of you downing it already, Give it a chance you may be suprised.