By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiimote hurts my hand...can i sue?

i find it rather uncomfortable to hold and use.  its fine for about 15 minutes and then it starts hurting. 

Its not extremely painful, sort of stiff and sore (my hand, please no jokes...i am being serious)

and what if it gives me carpal tunnel? or other problems like that? 

what sort of duty and standard of care do they owe to customers using the product...especially for someone who might be more at risk for problems?

how much could i recieve in compensation if i develop a problem? 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

can i sue sony for making such a sucky system? or how bout the 360 for hurting my eyes? if you are having trouble with holding the wiimote after 15 minutes you already had a problem to begin with. id see a dr cause pretty much after years of playing two handed controllers will give you carpel tunnel faster then the wiimote would.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

lol, you just got your Wii?

Here's a tip re-adjust your sensor bar untill you find a good spot.

Keep in mind your screen size, also the distance from your TV needs to be at least 2~3 feet to get effective tracking.

In my case my 47" LCD wide screen with sensor on top positioned properly and screen aligned properly can pick me up correctly from 2~3 feet away.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Yes you can sue. But you'll also be laughed out of court, so I don't recommend it. And if you are at risk for these problems, then you should be aware of that, yes? Why would they?

scorptile said:
can i sue sony for making such a sucky system? or how bout the 360 for hurting my eyes? if you are having trouble with holding the wiimote after 15 minutes you already had a problem to begin with. id see a dr cause pretty much after years of playing two handed controllers will give you carpel tunnel faster then the wiimote would.

Um.... I'm just going to pretend that was sarcasm

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I REALLY don't know how the Wii can hurt you or make you tired. I have never had any occur once since I owned my Wii. That includes playing Wii Sports. I think people are just exaggerating...

As for your problem...hmm...IDK :P Play it with less force maybe?

I know how it can make you tired ; ; darn Wii Fit, lol, anyway, what he said, maybe you're squeezing it too hard? just be all relaxed and stuff. maybe?

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

LOL, you can't be serious.
So, you cant take notes either, sue university or school, such bastards.
Either you got a really weak body, or you're just trolling... Choose one.

But if you have a real problem playing the Wii, simply stop playing it, Nintendo advices you to see your medic if you get any pain and also before playing video games. It will save you money that you will lose by even trying to sue them.

If your leg is broken and you still go running around you will hurt yourself even more, same with this, if your wrist is wrecked then dont use the Wii, its your own fault.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I just played 5 hours of wii sports and my hands feel fine....But I did hurt my shoulder but I got a strike from the throw so it was so worth it!

Former something....

Can you sue? Sure, can you win? No.

You are the one using the device. If it hutrs and you're still using it then you're a masoquist. Simple.

Use the classic controller :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil