By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Q1 Earning Release

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/info/presen/index.html

Around the Network

oh, my...

The rest of Sony did well I think, but the gaming division is doing worse.

Sony or SCE ?

so... that chart says what ?

I know you're all interested in the money, but any word on them updating shipment forecasts?

Edit: It seems they didn't.

Page 8 of the report: "Our forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008, is unchanged from the forecast of May 16, 2007 as per the table below."

If this applies to Game as well, they're still aiming at 11 million shipped for PS3 this FY, which I find pretty insane. Specially since they put the PSP at "just" 9 million.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

The gaming division lost 29.2 billion yet which is about $237 million.   I would have to say that's actually pretty good (compared to xbox division).   The PS2 and the PSP are really helping carrying the loses that the PS3 are incurring.   It'll be interesting to see how the losses change when the price drop is factored in there next quarterly.

KruzeS said:
I know you're interested in the money, but any word on them updating shipment forecasts?

I didn't see anything in the report. They are having their conference right now, so maybe it will be mentioned.

Here's something I thought was interesting on the electronics supplement pdf.

"Beginning with Q1 FY07, the method of reporting hardware and software unit sales has been changed from production shipments to recorded sales" Guess that'll change numbers quite a bit.

Also for FY07 they are forecasting 11 million units. What interests me is PS2 forecast is 10 million and PSP is 9 million. Sony must have something up there sleeves if they are planning on selling that many PS3's

Well, if they are still forcasting 11 million, that means they have to sell 10.3 million in 9 months. Good luck with that.

I think they're just expecting this price drop to increase sales dramatically...
And I'm not so sure that will happen yet...especially not to the tune of a million a month.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )