By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters announced, two different versions in production

Variety is reporting the a new Ghostbusters game is in development for the PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and DS.  What's insteresting is that they're making two different versions of the game, Terminal Reality is making a hardcore game for the PC/360/PS3 while Red Fly Studio is making a family friendly casual game for the Wii/PS2/DS.  I'm just hoping that the PC/360/PS3 version of the game is a sandbox game rather than a FPS.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

Around the Network

F*CK!!! does this mean the Wii version will be scaled down to a pathetic PS2 port. Stupid POS I hate that!!!!

The Wii/PS2/DS version may be the more interesting one if the other version of the game turns out to be another FPS...

I can't imagine a Ghostbusters game going anywhere but to a Playstation. Columbia Pictures (who gave us Ghostbusters) is owned by Sony.

Soriku said:
^ Too bad it's not being made by them. It's being made by EA (more crapiness).

Try again.

Terminal Reality is making the PC/360/PS3 version. That's in the article linked you know. You did read it right? Anyway, you may remember TR from the Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne 2 games.

Red Fly Studio is making the rest. Red Fly Studio is a brand new developer. No games to its name yet except for a Q3 2008 game called "Mushroom Men" for the DS/Wii. These guys could either turn out very good or very bad.

Around the Network

I think this was the game twesterm was talking about......

A Ghostbusters game sounds really stupid, lol..

Words Of Wisdom said:
Soriku said:
^ Too bad it's not being made by them. It's being made by EA (more crapiness).

Try again.

Terminal Reality is making the PC/360/PS3 version. That's in the article linked you know. You did read it right? Anyway, you may remember TR from the Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne 2 games.

Red Fly Studio is making the rest. Red Fly Studio is a brand new developer. No games to its name yet except for a Q3 2008 game called "Mushroom Men" for the DS/Wii. These guys could either turn out very good or very bad.

Ugh, Bloodrayne. That was a waste of processor cycles.

I'm glad to know that those guys aren't doing the Wii version. At least that gives it a chance to be good.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

There better be a marshmallow man. I mean really. Just imagine a multiplayer online shooter and u can pick him as one of the characters haha.

snooty89 said:
There better be a marshmallow man.

(click the image for the larger version)