By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter tri bet

the last bet i made here was EPIC FAIL to say the least so i stopped betting for a while but this is gonna change now!!!

but this time I am gonna raise the bet for two months change of Avatar and signature! (the winner decides)

My bet is that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more!

so who here is up for my new reasenable bet?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

Oh boy, that ain't gonna happen.

I bet you a billion VG$!!!!

I'd be impressed if it can even hit 300K.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

600K ? are u crazy ?

I'll be happy if it sells 150K on first week in US and EU combined..

You have a better chance with this bet, but... it's still a bit optimistic given the pre-orders so far.

It will hit ~250k combined. US ~200k, EU ~50k. 600k is too much, and that comes from me, I said MH3 would sell 3m in Japan >_>

Around the Network

I will take that bet monster hunter tri sold 561k first week in japan which is quite
low when compared to its portable counterparts.... 600k first week is crazy IMHO.
Western gamers think Monster Hunter games have a deep learning curve.
And wii is a family console where you can pick up and play easily so its a mis-match =(
MHFU sold 60k first week when it was released in the west so its extremely unlikely.
Once again i will take your bet.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

This isn't as unlikely as your last bet, but you pretty much have no chance with this one either.

I'm expecting some pretty good numbers, though, but 600k is way too high.

As already previousy said, you're going to lose this one too... My guess would be ~120k first week NA and ~40k or less for EU (EU has been horrible lately for any non casual Wii games). I would be really happy if it's more than that, and it could be, but nothing close to 600k .

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

ok bet taken by gustave154please put it in your sig

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Probably will hit 300k across US and EU, 600k is very unlikely (look at preorders: it'll be difficult it passes 100k preorders i the US!)...what it's more important is the LTD, which will be over 1m, that's sure IMO.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)