By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo DOES care about Greenpeace. New plan is indefinite times better!

In comparison, Sony and Microsoft hasn't done much since. SHAME ON YOU!!! 

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/19/nintendo-still-dead-last-in-greenpeace-electronics-rankings/

Since Nintendo's big goose-egg ranking in environmental friendliness from the activists at Greenpeace last November, we've been on pins and needles waiting to see if the Big N could improve its standing. Well, we're happy to announce that Nintendo has indeed done better this time around, improving to a massive 0.3/10 in Greenpeace's latest rankings.

The number -- which is a full four points below closest competitors Philips -- doesn't tell the whole story, though. Greenpeace itself notes that, since their last ranking, Nintendo has introduced a plan to reduce PVCs in its packaging and posted links to EPA and eCycling programs on its web site. Yet these "tiny improvements," as Greenpeace puts it, didn't even rank the company a single point increase in the corresponding Greenpeace rating categories. Is it us, or is there a scoring bug in the game Greenpeace is playing here?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

^yes and the bug is up greens butt

Nintendo don't recycle because there's always demand for their products, even the old ones.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

yay for sarcasm,

although i didn't expect anything else from Kingoftrolls

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

considering the fact that greenpeace posted the "goose egg" because they couldn't bother looking up the FAQ page of nintendo to figure out what steps they take for the environment, I view this as tossing out some table scraps for the yowling cat locked out in the cold. Apparently Greenpeace can't get over the fact that they are not the sole answer to saving the environment.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Oh don't you know? Everytime Nintendo produces a Wii, a species becomes extinct and the Earth slowly dies. DON'T BUY A WII-YOU'RE KILLING THE EARTH!!!

Who cares about greenpeace? screw the wackos. People first, burn the earth, toxic waste is good for you, etc.
yeah, screw greenpeace (greenpeace = terrorists)

Nintendo doesn't cooperate with Greenpeace because they don't release their production information to anyone they don't have to... which of course includes the environmental extremist group up on their pedestal. They got 0 because Green Peace was pissed that Nintendo wouldn't give them information, which is Nintendo's right.

totalwar23 said:
Oh don't you know? Everytime Nintendo produces a Wii, a species becomes extinct and the Earth slowly dies. DON'T BUY A WII-YOU'RE KILLING THE EARTH!!!

I believe Sony plants are now offering free drop-off of Electronics, Doesn't matter what brands they are.

so yeah, if you want to recycle your old consoles, go and place them there instead. :) 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
naznatips said:
Nintendo doesn't cooperate with Greenpeace because they don't release their production information to anyone they don't have to... which of course includes the environmental extremist group up on their pedestal. They got 0 because Green Peace was pissed that Nintendo wouldn't give them information, which is Nintendo's right.

What he said.

And nobody likes Green Peace anyway. I couldn't care less about the 20 people that subsequently aren't buying Wiis because of this.

And yes, Sony offers old electronics drop-off to help the environment, but A) That's because half their PS2s die... and B) There are plenty of places you can drop off an old console or electronic, it doesn't have to be the original manufacturer like Microsoft or Nintendo. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )